1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom is kinda of an asswhole(coming out story)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Krischaos, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Krischaos

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my mom just outed me to my whole family
    that was kinda of an asswhole move
    buttt
    they took it better then i would have expected them too
    so know im out to everyone
    but it kinda makes me feel sick cause i really didnt want anyone else to know cause like some people in my family are gonna not ever talk to me again.
    ahhhh fuck i was gonna keep it to myself. but i told my mom and she was angry at my g-pa so she yelled your g-daughter is a lesbian deal with that.

so know i dont no weather to feel happy or sad and should i forgive my mom for being mean and telling my family this when i wasnt ready? :help:

2. Outing someone is a very insensitive thing to do, especially when one isn't ready for it. On the other hand though, now you don't have to worry about them knowing. Try talking to her about it and telling her how it affected you, she might have no idea that you're feeling this way over it.

3. Inspector1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to say that I think what she did was wrong in every way. I just hope and pray that you can repair your relationship with her.

4. JWAD

JWAD Guest

It sounds like she didn't mean to out you but just got carried away. On the plus side tho it does mean that now they know they can hopefully accept it and in my eyes everyone needs to know at some point, you can't live your life lying 2 u'r family, but I agree it was a pretty stupid thing 2 do if u weren’t ready for it.

5. smilealways

smilealways Guest

Dont feel sad coz of what happened and you should forgive her. Life is too short to be angry at someone and you cant get angry at someone coz they did something wrong. no-ones perfect.

6. kramer362

Tell her it was wrong to use your sexuality as leverage in an argument with him, an asshole move that was indeed. Hopefully she at least expresses remorse, THEN i'd try and forgive her. But if your family took it well and its out in the open then just try to deal with things the way they are.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    She can't take back what she's done but hopefully she will feel remorse for it. You just have to deal with the consequences in the best way you can. Good luck!

8. wherewulfe

tell her that though it was good the family didnt mind as much as she thought she would, she has no right to out you to someone, that's for you and ONLY you to decide

9. Louise

Ooooh that was more than mean. Anyone other than your mother I would say it is unforgivable but she is your mum and you only get one in this life and despite what she has done you do need her in your life.

I think you need to talk to your mum and point out that that kind of behaviour is unacceptable, she is not a teenager having a tantrum, she has no right to say that sort of thing then hide behind the childish excuse of anger.

Having said that you will have to find a way to forgive her and turn the page on this story. You do now know that, although you love her and she is your mum, you can't trust her. This she will have to earn that back... if she wants it. You need to tell her that, she needs to know how important this is to you so that she can at least apologise, even if that won't take the words back.