1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is horrible am I stupid or ugh.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skittles Hugger, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Okay so I did the STUPIDEST STUPIDEST thing ever. I am pretty sure im bi BUT I came out to my two best friends as gay and it just didn't feel right and now I dont know what to do. And now im doubting my self cause there is this gril named Erika and she is like amazing and different but I don't like how she is the compleat and utter opposite of an empathetic person. She was (is) my first girl crush and I had doubted my sexuality before but not like this. I have had huge crushes one guys but I really don't know what to think anymore. Also I have been doubting my sexuality so much that I'm worried that I have just tricked my self into thinking I am gay. And maybe one of the reasons why is because it seems easyer to be gay than bi, ugh i don't know what was the purpose of this post I just need help

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm out to like more than a few people as bi

2. LailaForbidden

I've been there... I can relate to your post so much!
    If I were you, I would tell your two best friends that you're still questioning just until you figure yourself out. For me, coming out as gay added a lot of pressure on me that I wouldn't have had if I had stayed in the closet and had focused on breaking down all my internalized biphobia. I basically ending up trying to force myself to be gay (didn't work). I'm not the best at advice... but i'd just slow down, breathe, and wait it out until your comfortable with yourself. You're not alone!
    Good luck and if you need to talk just shoot me a message!

Btw, you're not stupid. It's totally understandable :slight_smile:

#2 LailaForbidden, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  3. J Snow

Sexuality isn't as simple as bi or gay. I personally find it much easier to just say that I'm queer and not worry about labels or who I can or cannot be with. I find people attractive or unattractive on an individual basis. Don't let yourself be a slave to a label.

4. CountessAbby

I agree with the above post. Your friends will understand if they are truly friends. You sound as if you are going thru a phase of questioning and trying to figure yourself out. I think that is common for everyone, straight, gay, bi or otherwise. Nothing wrong with what you said or did..you were confiding in your friends as we all do. I think its very hard to know what your gender preferences are for some people. Some are not sure until they are in their 20's or 30's. I have known my whole life, it was always obvious I am totally straight. But my 16 year old son is gay. I think he went through a few years where he wasnt sure "what" he was but now he is quite certain he has no attraction to females. Its not an "event" but its a process. You will figure it out eventually....just keep exploring how you feel! You should be able to expect understanding and tolerance from your friends. Otherwise? Find new friends.

5. Thanks for your support