1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to my mom. How should i do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BDE7, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BDE7

BDE7 Guest

Im out to about 4 friends but i want to also be out to my mom. But i dont know how to do it.

2. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Before you do, think of what could possible happen after telling her. Find out how she feels about lgbt's. Don't do it if you know she isn't ok with lgbt's. I had a really bad experience when I tried to come out to my mom. But that is just me, it goes well for a lot of people. If you know she if genuinely accepting then go for it :slight_smile:.
    How to tell her. You should just tell her that you have something you need to tell her then when she asks you what you need to say just say I'm gay etc. I hope it works out great for you, good luck :slight_smile:

3. J Snow

I'm of the opinion that there is really no right or wrong way to do it. People are generally going to react good or bad independently of how you tell them. I chose to write my parents a letter, which many people have chose to do and it worked out just peachy for them. My mother was rather pissed at me for not telling her face, but she was rather pissed about the whole thing in general. Only you can decide when and how you are comfortable coming out to anyone.

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey bruh... im out to only 4 people too...

my mom is a very religious woman and being an only child i dont think i could ever tell her...
    my dad passed away last year so yeah dont really want to loose her too...

but again, everyone is different your mom might be cool with it and all... but yeah you might need to assess the situation first and what she thinks about it and then take action

Good Luck Man, if you do ... let us know how it goes coz im sure there are others who feel the same way...

5. BDE7

BDE7 Guest

Thank you all very much. I thought about it and i think im gonna wait a little while. Im still younge, and i have plenty of time to do it. :slight_smile: