1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok guys, I wanna know how to deal with this without having a fit.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Mar 16, 2008.

1. MusicIsLife

So i came out to my mom, as ive said here before.

And then, since i came out to her, she got it in her head that it's ok to tell her friends and her guy "friend" [obv that hes more than a friend but i hate talking about that shit, moving on...] shes told 2 of her best friends, and im like: O_O not cool. stop. she did, but that made her think that im "unsure about my sexuality" and so on, which made me have to sit her down and explain to her that its not confusion or anything, i just want to tell people on my own time. She seemed to understand.

Now the problem is her Guy "friend". Every single fucking time he sees me watching the L word, or anything "dykey" in his mind, he makes comments about ho i should "keep my options open" and "not turn down a guy if he asks me out" cause I, according to him am too young to really know. Its like...every time he does this i want to scream at him that i have no physical attraction towards men, but i know gwtting mad would do no good.

If he brings it up again, what do you guys suggest I do?

2. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just ignore him.
    Nobody can truly know what you like but yourself.
    Maybe he just feels offended because he is a guy and all of the prettiest girls are gay and it's not fair.
    It's always the same.
    If I were you and he told me something like that again I would just say "if you have a problem with me being gay then tell me straight up, I know what I want and if you have a problem with it then you don't have to be around me!"
    Guys are so insecure!

(*hug*)
    Oh yeah and The L Word kicks ass!

:eusa_danc

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The L word rocks!!

Tell the guy directly that he's bothering you. State that you are 18 and therefore an adult; and therefore you're not too young to understand these issues. Explain that you're sure of your feelings and that you're not going to accept a date with a guy just because he asks you, but because you like the person who asked you in the same way, and in this case it could only be with a woman.

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

The L Word is my God.

I agree with Marmalade... next time, confront him and ask if he has a problem. Tell him you're old enough to know your own mind and you just can't see yourself wanting a guy. If he still doesn't shut up, just ignore him. Get a little voodoo doll and pin it every time he says that or something, to get rid of your stress. Just try not to let him get to you. :slight_smile:

5. MusicIsLife

:grin: Thanks guys. I'll try it next time, though i do hope that he doesnt bring it up again.

&& Yesss The L Word wins at life. :grin::grin:

6. NathanHaleFan

Next time tell him that he has about as much chance of making you like boys as you have of making him like boys.

Or better yet, each time he tells you to keep your sights open to boys, repeat what he says right back to him.

7. justjoshoh

Well, yeah, the best answer is to opine that he shouldn't turn down any guy either, just to keep his options open.

8. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i totally agree.

9. Jim1454

Exactly! Don't get worked up about it - just toss it casually back at him and laugh it off.