1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused and lost...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by asdf987, Mar 17, 2008.

1. asdf987

im a sophmore in high school and i'm really confused. i'm much more sexually attracted to men than women. i'm guessing this would make me gay, but the thing is: i dont like any guys. i have a girlfriend, im really happy with her, and i could never see myself loving or living with another guy... what should i do? :confused:

2. Hugh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think we all go through that. Don't assume anything...do what makes you most comfortable and happy. Some day, something will happen which convinces you one way or the other, but don't rush into anything because you feel it's the right thing to do. Just take each day and each relationship as it omes and enjoy it for what it is. Easy for me to say, because it's all in my past!

3. Grantious

Hey hey,

I can totally relate... wow i can't believe i used the word totally... any who I'm not sure about the rest of the gay community but i went through something similar, With the exception of being in a happy relationship with a girl, I just could never picture myself being happy living with a guy, It just doesn't seem right, right?

I believe thats because society, because it is imprinted that everyone is meant to be in this guy/girl relationship that anything other than that is wrong. Well thats my personal view but as time passed I came to realize that not only could I be with a guy but being content that it is a guy that I'm with.

Anyway, you're happy with having a GF and you obviously like her, so why not focus on that? No need to dwell I've wasted a lot of time on that, thats for sure.

Good Luck
    Catch

4. wherewulfe

from what i can tell, your bi curious, you see a cock and you think "that's hot" but you havent found the right man yet, just keep your mind up and come into the chat room from time to time if you can. the best advice i can give you is stay calm

5. Jim1454

First off - welcome to EC. This is the right place for you if you've got these questions.

So my advice would be to just relax around the whole situation. It could be that you're gay. It could be that you're bi. But there's absolutely NO RUSH to figure it out. As stated above - it will become clear in time.

So hang out here - cuz that might help clear things up too. Good luck.

6. asdf987

wow. thanks a lot, everyone. i'll take your advice to go with the flow and see where it takes me. either way, i still have time to figure out exactly who i am. thx!