1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Bit of Confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hehehey2006, Mar 18, 2008.

1. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is weird a few weeks ago I came to terms with myself that I'm gay and I belive I am, weird thing is as time goes I still know I am but lately I think that I cant be gay cause i look at some girls and i think that they are good looking, i see them for what they are but I never would see myself doing anything with them, i just dont get the drive, I dont know if is my mind trying to fight that I shouldnt be gay or what, is really weird.

But as it stands now i still think I am gay, as I dont go looking for girls.

2. Tim

Tim

Is it possible you're bisexual? Just curious, as you don't mention thinking about that in your post.

Anyways, A lot of gay guys look at girls and think they are pretty, hot, etc, but still isn't a sexual attraction there, is that what it is?

3. Grof142007

i like it that latter of what u said i look at girl and can easily tell there beautiful but i would never been sexually attracted towards them

4. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ruled out the bi part a long time ago, as I never had any sexual attraction to girls, I just look at a few and think they might be hot but I would never do anything with them, i had a half naked girl in my bed once she was my girlfriend and I never ended up sleeping with her, so I think is just something that I'm just not interested in, i was just more confused as to what that meant more then anything, but if other gay guys see girls as hot that might just be it.

I possibly am answering my own question here but is kinda still weird to me to consider myself as gay, so maybe I'm just making big fuzz out of small things.

5. Tim

Tim

Yea, I can look at a girl and say she's hot, she's gorgeous, etc, and not be attracted to them. It's similar to how other straight guys who are comfortable with their sexuality can say another guy looks cute, hot, etc. Just means you know how to identify what others see.

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I get the same thing. I like hot guys, and they make me go "squee" but not in a "I want to sleep with them" way. Just a... well, a squee way. It's hard to describe. But I know exactly what you mean about a semi-attraction that's kinda attraction but kinda not. It's strange. Just feel what you feel and don't let others label you. Go with the flow :slight_smile:

7. MusicIsLife

I agree with everone else. Im basically the same way. Like, i can look at a guy and be like, "Oh hes cute, hot, etc," but i wouldnt want to sleep with them or anything.

8. NathanHaleFan

Or if you actually ARE sexually attracted to them but still could never see having a emotional relationship with them, it's probable that you're bisexual, with a strong preference for males.

But don't hasten to put a label on yourself for the label's sake. Labels can only take you so far.

9. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thanks for the advice guys, I just think that in the end I can just understand if someone is good looking regardless of sex :slight_smile: I was just getting worked up over nothing