1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Samus610

This is more of a rant. Awhile back my friend Jaclyn and I were messing around with our gay friend who will stay anonymous. Anyway, we were messing with him and at one point and he told us that we are horrible to him and that he doesn't trust us at all. Which made my friend Jaclyn start to cry. At one point we were whispering to eachother and I kept asking if she was ok. When we dropped her off at her house I told him. I said "You know you made Jaclyn cry." And he acted like it was nothing. I asked him if he even cared but he said that he didn't. At this point I wanted to smack him. We got into this heated discussion and I was suprised that his mom didn't take part in it but I pray to god that she told him off when they got home. And I asked why he didn't trust her or hardly any of our friends. He said because he was hurt for ten years by people he didn't even know. For absolutely no reason. THE WORLD IS FULL OF JERKS. And he is sometimes one of them. I told him that I have been hurt by people I have opened up to and trusted. Which I find to be a lot worse. And he knows this about me. I also told him that if he was able to open up to me who says it will be bad if he opens up to our other friends. But he's just plan stubborn. Another was when I told him that I cut my arm twice with a pair of scissors. He acts like it's nothing. And says "I have no sympathy for you." I was so pissed off. He acted like he didn't even care. I could have seriously hurt myself and wind up in the hospital, luckily I was able to stop myself before it got that far. If you could have seen the look on his face you could tell he didn't care. I just want to kill him. He has the worst people skills I have ever seen. His reasoning for certain things is ridiculous. I just want to punch him in the face. He loses is temper easily at times and is easily annoyed. One thing that really made me lose respect for him is when I said that I might actually see "Horton hears a who". He said "I have just lost 1/4 of my respect for you." When I said "Well Kim wants to see it to. How come you haven't lost respect for her?" and he replies "Because I don't know her that well." BULL CRAP! CAN I KILL HIM? HE CAN BE SUCH AN :***: . HE NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only reason I want to see that movie is because I love Dr. Seuss. I had the book and the original animation. So I just want to see what this version is like. I hardly ever lose respect for him over stupid stuff like that. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO ME! STOP BEING A JERK! OPEN UP! BECAUSE I BET YOU THAT IN THE END IF YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO SOMETIMES YOU MIGHT END UP ALONE! SO DON'T COME CRYING TO ME JERK OFF! You can comment if you like. Man that felt good.

2. step49x

Well, I'm glad you feel better, now. :slight_smile:

I have a friend who's a bit like that. He hangs out with my group of friends, but he really doesn't seem to care about us, that much. It's like, why hang out with us if you don't care for/about us? But, whatever. I mean, I like him as a friend. Also, it's not like he declares that he doesn't care about us. It's very subtle. Like, I've had conversations with him, but they're just me asking questions, and him responding. He never asks about me, at all.

3. mcrteenagers

Well, some people can be arrogant, an asshole so to speak.

But are you sure you are clearly reading all of the situations correctly?

"Anyway, we were messing with him..." - Well even joking around he might have taken that the wrong way...perhaps he didn't feel like joking around and it just annoyed him.

"I have just lost 1/4 of my respect for you." - Are you sure he's being serious about that. If someone said that to me, I'd be sure they are joking. That just seems like a sarcastic remark to me.

"I have no sympathy for you." - If he is a good friend, he should have talked to you about it (in a comforting way). But consider that may be the way he really feels - he might feel that cutting yourself is a selfish thing that only hurts other people.

I'm just shooting stuff off the top of my head. I'm bored, so don't take it as I singled out this topic to argue with you - believe me I'm not. I'm not on your side, and I'm not on his. But think of the black and white ball....they're are always two sides to everything.

4. Tim

Tim

Way off the rocker in my head, but he sounds like he's developing the tendacies of a sociopath... someone without any emotions, which is not good in the least bit. You should probably talk to his mom if it worsens :/

On the other hand, it also seems like he's just bitter, probably due to the torment from being gay (as that's what it sounds like), which I guess could be considered semi normal.

And I agree with the above poster, except on the last one. In what way do u tell a friend that about cutting themselves? You DON'T. If they tell you, they're looking for comfort, I've had 3 friends come to me for comfort after they did it and thanked me afterwards, is that what you were looking for?

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm sure Sam wanted to protect me, but I'll admit that I was the gay guy she was talking about. I admit this so that I can defend myself against these accusations and tell the other side of the story.

By messing around, she means that Jaclyn was grossing me out by showing me the whites of her eyes by rolling them down really far, and I told her I didn't like it when she did that. Eventually, she and Sam called out to me from the back of the car. I told them I didn't want to look back because of what she was doing with her eyes. Eventually, they convinced me to look back, and she was showing me the whites of her eyes again. That just really pissed me off, since they basically all but promised me that she wouldn't do it again.

I apoligized to her the next day, and she was fine and didn't dislike me for it in the least.

As I mentioned above, I lost trust in her that day. As for Sam, well, she was an accomplice.

I thought, "You know she broke my trust."

How the conversation actually went was that she told me that she has opened up to people in the past who ended up hurting her and that I need to learn to move on. I told her that, throughout my life, people hurt me without even waiting for me to open up to them. Since they hurt me before even getting to know me, I never opened up to people, since that would only give them more of an opportunity to hurt me.

It's because she has told me so many sob stories about her life that I've been desensitized to them. She only thought I acted like it was nothing because I didn't feign surprise or concern. What I actually told her was, "When your mom is unreasonable to you, or your dad is an asshole to you, or your life sucks for reasons you can't control, I have sympathy for you. But when you do bad things to yourself, you are within full control of them, and for that reason, I don't have sympathy for you." Believe me, I've given her more sympathy than I've given all the rest of the people in my life combined.

That's because my life sucks in general and she sometimes catches me at the worst times of it.

I was only kidding when I said this. I still respect her, despite her supporting a movie that continues the trend of ruining classic children's books. As for Kim, I have respect for both her and Sam, but I have a lot more respect for Sam, and while I'd expect Kim to want to see a movie like Horton Hears a Who because she likes movies like that, I just expected more of Sam.

There's more I could say, but I'll restrict it to private message.