1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my heart is smashed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Mar 19, 2008.

1. hoping

i was talking to my boyfriend last night and he told me he was offered a job and the job is in america. he said he wants to be with me but the job is really good. i was thinking of asking him not to go but i dont want to stand in the way of his dream job. this just makes me feel like crap. i love him so much and then this happens. he said he will tell me when he decides what hes doing. i just cant take being heartbroken again

2. ohioboy

why not go with him

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am so sorry to hear that. (*hug*)

It must be a great job if he is willing to move to the USA for it. Do you know if it's permanent or a few months contract? Would you be able to keep in touch and keep it going long distance until you can see each other again? Is it possible for you to move to the USA with him?

4. hoping

its a 2 year traineeship and if he likes it he can stay there. and i dont know about going with him. i was going to say that to him but i dunno.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You've been ready to get away from your mom and her boyfriend for awhile now. It's the perfect opportunity if you can swing it! :slight_smile:

6. NathanHaleFan

Don't rule out going to the US, just move to Massachusetts! Or New Jersey, we're very nice to gays here. :icon_bigg

Of course, I'm just kidding, but I'd say take a piece of paper and weigh out your options. What makes you want to stay, what's good about leaving, and see which one wins. I'd guess education (if you are in college) would be a huge factor.

7. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Although your heart is smashed at the moment, you need to do what your heart tells you to. Of course you'd feel bad if you stood in his way but if it's true love then you'll know and if it's meant to be. If you were to split, and he moves to the US, he'll come back to you if you were meant to be together. Think about what's right for the BOTH of you.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's nowhere near the same distance, but when I got a chance to move to Hereford for a job I was ready to move away from mum and dad too. It was a big move for me (though nowhere near as big a move as from Australia to the USA) and it was definitely the right thing for me at that time.

I think you should suggest it and see how he feels. I guess you would need to look into whether you can get a work permit, visa or whatever is needed too.

9. hoping

ive decide to let him go. we were talking last night and we said that wed still love to be really good friends when he comes back as much as id love to still be his boyfirend i cant wait 2 years. so weve said that wen we both have boyfriends and hes back in oz we are going to do a double date thing. i know he will always be in my heart but i think it just wasnt meant to be

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    (*hug*) I'm sorry.

11. Leigh

Leigh Guest

(*hug*) im really sorry

12. Thatsit

Aww (*hug*):frowning2:(*hug*):slight_smile:

13. panda

Sad, but also very mature and sensible thinking.

14. Zak

Zak

Awwww, i'm sorry! :hug:

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

(&&&)

When is he leaving? Perhaps you can do something special together to mark the end. So you end on a high with great memories.