1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by feelings, Mar 4, 2013.

1. feelings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hadn't been here in a while. I took some of the advice I got here and joined a lesbian dating site. It hasn't been easy, and I rarely feel much attraction to the women I've spoken to... but I did manage to correspond with a few, and it's been nice! I'm also getting more comfortable with having a relationship with another woman and what that might be like!

I also told my mother I'm a lesbian, although I don't think she believed me. It was a huge step for me, and I'm learning to be okay with weird reactions. I'm not going to let people's reactions discourage me from following my dreams.

The thing is now I have met someone I've e-mailed every day, and texted a couple of times, for about a month now. She's been a nice friend so far, and I enjoy writing with her. There's also attraction there, but I only know her from pictures, as she lives in another state. I've been kind of hesitant, but she's stayed interested and we're warming up to each other. I'm still too new at this, but I would like to get to know her better and see where this could lead, if it does go somewhere.

She's completely out to everyone, her family and friends knows she's gay. I'm not anywhere near that, but I don't want to hide a relationship out of fear. I still haven't talked about it very much with anyone because I don't know who to talk about it with. The people I know are much older and old-fashioned, lol.

I'm not going to worry about it too much, we've only known each other for a month! She seems like a sweetheart though :icon_bigg

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like things are going well. I don't see any reason why you can't tell her what you told us (if you haven't). Best of luck to you! :slight_smile:

Lex

3. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soz I'm only gonna jump on the weird reactions bit... When you say weird do you mean weird bad or just weird??

4. feelings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I mean weird, as in non-supportive, shocked, indifferent, or uncomfortable kinda weird...

So far, my mother's been kind of I'll-pretend-I-didn't-hear-that-quiet about it. I guess she's not ready to talk about it, although I'm just relieved I told her. She's the person I'm closest to anyway. The few other people I've told didn't really care about it, which was kind of disappointing for me. I wanted them to be more supportive about it, but I'm more comfortable.

5. Ticklish Fish

hello hi hi!

6. Acobi

Acobi Guest

This is awesome to hear! It sounds like you are learning a lot about not only yourself, but the person you are writing about.

Take things slow, there is no need to rush and you are doing just fine! I'm so happy for you!

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    tell her exactly what you put on your post?

sounds like you've done alot of thinking and must be hard having it stored in you and not letting any one know...

a wise man always said "follow your heart and not your head, coz the head doesnt feel the pain like your heart would"