1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm a bit scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by neprezi, Mar 4, 2013.

1. neprezi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, im a new member here and i needed some advice.
    You see, i've known i was gay for a while now and i've told my friends (who are very accepting and i am lucky to have) but i have yet to tell my parents.
    I come from one of those extremely strict christian households that believes homosexuality is a huge sin and to quote my dad "just as bad a sin as murder."
    I still want them to be in my lives but i don't want to have to hide and lie to them anymore.
    Help?

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey first of all welcome :smilewave to EC

i come from the same background... my parents were missionaries and strongly believe that all gays are going to hell... good thing bout you is, that youve told your friends and seems like they have got your back...
    ive not come out to my mom yet and dont think i could... but if i do i'd make sure that ive got friends who could be there if worse comes to worse

hold your head high:eusa_danc... there are many out there like you (&&&)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! Your post suggests you are now "of age", living somewhere besides your parents home. Is that correct?

Lex

4. neprezi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Actually no i'm still living with my parents and i will be for a few more years.

5. lilbit55

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well first of all all sins are equal one is not grater than the other and second try coming out to one parent at a time start with the one you are more comfortable with

6. UndercoverGypsy

If you live with your parent's, and they think that homosexuality is equal to murder, it's safe to say that they're going to treat like they would treat a murderer. There is always the possibility that they've never really met or understood gay people, in which case, coming out may be a way to show them that gays aren't a bunch of whatever insane stereotypes they believe. To be honest, if they are that opposed to gays and you come out, it's probably going to wreck your relationship with them and you could get kicked out. So, either make sure you have friends to crash with if they flip out or wait until you are moved out.