1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of coming out to a certain person

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GiddyGreen, Mar 5, 2013.

1. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've identified as bisexual since the 7th grade. I've recently faced a major hurtle of coming out to one of my close friends who has the longest time been homophobic (As it turns out, they ended up coming out to me first. They were actually having a lot of internal battles with who they are. Though that's besides the point) and along with that, I was outed to some less then supportive family members.
    Being out to pretty much everyone I know is a huge weight off my shoulders. Though there is still one person I'm terrified of coming out to. I've tried in the past when I told her I was going to start dating this girl I liked. She just gave me this looked and asked "...Are you on good terms with god?" I just took that completely offensively. We're both of the Christian faith, but our views are so different. Ever since that incident I just never talked about sexuality with her. We'd talk about boys, and that's about it. I guess I'm letting her think I'm straight so that no issues come up. She is seriously one of my best friends and has been for years! I want so badly to be out to her. But I'm so terrified of it. She'll question my faith, or pass it off as a phase or just. GAH! I honestly don't know how to talk to her about this! I feel like I'm lying to her if I don't but at the same time, I feel like it would just be better to not come out.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you told her you were going to date a girl, she probably at least has an inkling. So you might try simply assuming she already knows. If you feel she needs to be told, tell her and close with "and yes, God knows. We've discussed this quite a bit."

Lex