1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out...to a GSA.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemo39122, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Nemo39122

I swear this will make sense in a minute lol

I identify as a trans guy, but I'm not really passing at this point.

I (finally!) went to a GSA meeting on campus this past monday and I think I can make some pretty good friends there. I want to and plan to continue going.

...but I also want to be myself. I want them to refer to me as a guy, but considering my lack of passing as male at this point, that means I have to come out. I'm not sure how...

I've already started making friends with a couple people and I'm going to hang out with them at another student organization tomorrow...its basically a bunch of people sitting around playing video games lol...but I want to tell them first. For one thing, its because I'm already kinda friends with them. I also think it'll be easier if I start with just a couple people, that way if they refer to me as male at a meeting other people will hear and maybe just figure it out...

Any advice? I'm totally clueless here...

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I don't really see what your problem is…are you scared to come out to the GSA?