1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Weird Problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Well, there's this teacher at my school, I don't have for any subjects, but her room is right next to my English room. Anyways, I find her incredibly hot. I don't have a crush on her, that would just be stupid, however I do find her physically attractive. My problem is that she is the Journalism teacher, next year I want to do Journalism because I love to write and I want to major in English when I go to college. I think having Journalism would look pretty sweet on an application and I've always wanted to join the school paper. My middle school had one, but since I was in honors classes I couldn't join, I was really miffed.
    Anyways, when I took my practice OGT (Ohio Graduation Tests), I was assigned to her room, and I didn't act like an idiot and I was completely fine, I didn't act like an idiot. So what I'm trying to figure out is, should I attempt to get into journalism (I'd have to take a test) or should I forget about because of the teacher?

2. sexyalex

gosh girlfriend idk, the school probebly will up-roar about u being or having a crush on a teacher but persoanlly and here if a person has a crush on their teacher it's no big deal.

in fact...i know teachers (young ones) who are dateing students and no one really cares....they only say if that person constantly gets 100 it's because they r together. :dry: but i don't see the huge biggy i say go for it. but this is jamaica...nothing ethical goes on here.

my first kiss outside my family was my "Food and Nutrition" teacher. (most of you may know it as Food science or Home Ec. )

PS- don't waste ur time doing a subject u know won't help u in the future; especially if u don't intend to pursue a career in that feild

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Guest

There is no logical reason why you should put down your hopes for taking a course in Journalism on account of having an attraction to the teacher. You say you "love to write and... want to major in English when [you] go to college." Well, if that's true, then don't let some silly physical attraction hinder your ability to achieve that goal! Part of being an English major (which I am, dualed w/ music) is developing the ability to keep personal emotions in check, being able to establish a broad, "bigger picture" perception of things. If English is what you want to pursue, then think of the "bigger picture" and try to realize how silly and counterproductive it would be to let something so trivial as a H.S. teacher crush (though you seem to refuse to brand it as such...) hold you back from taking the academic path you desire most!

4. Tim

Tim

If you did fine when testing in her room, why do you feel it would be different when taking a class with her as your teacher? Doesn't she do the same thing during the tests that she would do when teaching? Except longer if anything?

Journalism is a class where you learn a lot, I ended up hating it after the year was over, but that's because I discovered it wasn't for me. However, some of my friends loved it and are now interning at the paper in town.

If you want to pursue it, do it. If you start feeling uneasy, talk to ur counselors at school and ask to be switched out, or find someone in the class you can be (or already are) friends with and just talk to them during the class when you aren't writing.

5. Étoile

Not to be off-topic, but are you sure this isn't illegal? LOL I just can't imagine parents knowing that their child is dating their teacher and don't care about it.:confused:

6. Alexander

Honey, you can get over a crush. You can't get over hating yourself for making a decision that will impact your entire career. Take the class.

7. HalfInsane

I'd just go ahead and take the class. Lots of people have had crushes on/ found a teacher of theirs attractive and it hardly ever causes any problems. And hey, it sounds like it'd be a class that you'd really enjoy taking.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take the class!! You said you could act normally around her.

9. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yeah, I'd take the class. I had English for two years with a teacher I had an enormous crush on. It was hard, but it's worth it if you really want the class :slight_smile:

10. Trumpetplyer23

Well, I am seriously considering taking Journalism. I'm Definately not looking for anything to happen with this teacher. My school's kind of out in the country, but its not like backwoodsy or anything, the people are kind of open-minded, but I doubt that they would be accepting if anything happened between this teacher and I. In fact, its illegal here in America, a little thing called Stactuory(sp?) Rape. The only other thing holding me back is the credits I need to get to graduate. Since I'm in band (and I plan on staying in) that already eliminates one space for electives. I need quite a few credits to graduate, so I'll need to talk to my school counselor about getting my credits in time to graduate with my class.

NOTE: I'm only a freshman, so I should have enough time, but I want to make damn sure, so I don't get screwed over by one class.

11. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

In high school we had a journalism teacher that was a mega hottie too. All the guys talked about how crazy hot she was, and we'd describe images of having sex with her, lol! But just because we were all hot for her and stared at her, doesn't mean anything. Being a horny high school student is a normal part of life, you shouldn't be ashamed of it at all :slight_smile: The journalism teacher was "interning" and she looks just like a student, she was probably in here lower twenties. I remember being like, "get outta the way girl" and she'd turn around and be a teacher then I'd just laugh hysterically and keep walking... hahahaha.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You should definitely take the class. You will be fine. I had a serious crush on one of my high school teachers and all it did was make me want to do better in his class because I didn't want to disappoint him. He was so cool and so funny!

13. Trumpetplyer23

The only other thing I've been kind of worrying about (I'm a big worrywart.....I apologize) is the fact that if I get that class, while still finding her attractive, I'll stop feeling that way and end up hating the class, or at least not enjoying it. This happened to a girl I know, she was basically in love with our math teacher, she annoyed the crap out of him and he hates her because all she does is talk when he wants everyone to shut up and make jokes at his expense. Pretty soon, instead of being "Oh, [insert teachers name here] is kind of sexy, for a teacher" she started saying "Oh I hate [insert teachers name here], he sucks at teaching and he hates me. I hate Geometry now"
    I seriously doubt that I am like her, but my emotions (and hormones) have been pretty screwed up lately, landing me in some pretty, um, interesting conversations/situations. I think my emotions being screwed up is only temporary.
    Thanks for all the support guys *gives you all cookies*

14. jazzrawr

yeah, I say take the class. Im attracted to a couple teachers in my school, and i took their classes. Being attracted to someone doesnt mean that if you stop being attracted to them youll hate them, so take the class. Just do it and once you get used to the class youll be happy you did it.

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Make your decision based on the class and not your feelings for the teacher. It sounds like this is a class you want to do anyway, and would do without hesitation if it wasn't for the teacher situation. If so then take the class.

Then try to concentrate on the lessons and not the teacher.

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

As long as you like the class, then the teacher shouldn't make a difference. I've actually found that having a hot teacher actually enhances the experience for me.