1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He's kind of annoying

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SkyTears, Mar 20, 2008.

1. SkyTears

Today at school a guy came up to me during our break time. (I'll call him "z") The conv he started went something like:

z: So I heard your openly gay.
    me: hm, yeah.
    z: When did this happen?
    me: November.
    z: Oh cool. So did you want to have sex?
    me: *thinking-wtf* No

Anyways the class I have after break was with him. While I was sitting next to my friend and he said that z asked him the other day if I was gay. So later during the class the conv goes on:

z: You don't like me do you?
    me: Not really (I didn't want it to lead to something because I don't)
    z: Why not?
    me: I just don't like your personality (it sounded mean but it was true)

Anyways he looked sad later but I really do just find him kind of annoying. I didn't know any better way to handle this so I hope I did the right thing. :eusa_doh:

2. Sexiican01

i'd do the same thing
    >_>;;

like this one kid keeps talking to me but he's so annoying because he's like a wannabe just cussin in every sentence he says.
    so i just ended up telling him to leave me alone like in an attitude sort of way D:
    and he still keeps talking to me
    >:0

but the way you said about his personality didn't seem mean to me

3. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I'd probably say the same thing, if that happened to me.
    He just flat out asked you to have sex with him, instead of asking you out. It's like he expects you to be a slut just because you're openly gay.

4. SkyTears

I know, I was thinking like why in the world would you ask me that? Before today I was just "some other guy" but in a matter of seconds I want to have sex with you???

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you handled it wrong, really, but perhaps you could've handled it better. A better response may have been, "Dude, I don't even KNOW you." (Of course, don't use "dude" unless you live in Colorado, where the slang is at least ten years out of date.) And then just left it at that.

Lex

6. Lacri

Lacri Guest

I don't think you did the wrong thing, I tell people thinds straight forward even if it would hurt his feelings.

7. Tyce

You did the right thing actually.

I hate it when people automatically think that because you're gay, you're horny all the time and want to have sex with any male you see and you have that sexual desire all the time. Yes, some may have it. But you know, I just hate it when people have that automatic reaction.

Once I told my friend that I was gay, he automatically said "You don't like me, do you?" and I was thinking "Just cause you're a guy doesnt mean I have an attraction for you", it's just like a straight guy talking to a girl during school, is the girl gonna say straight away "You dont like me, do you". No, he was just there for a friendly chat.

That's just one of the things that get to me.

8. panda

You did/said the right thing:thumbsup: