1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this be creepy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skhal, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Skhal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone!

So I am deeply considering coming out soon and one of the first people i would like to tell is one of my friends. But here is the story. She was my best friend through middle school to freshman year of highschool, but I was always kind of awkward around her because she had this strong intuition that I had feelings for her (which obviously wasn't true) but I never had a clear explanation. And so we stopped talking it has been about a year now. I would really like coming out to her for two reasons:

1) i am hoping after explaining the situation we can start hanging out again.

2) she is really the only girl i was really friends with and would be the most accepting.

i really want to do this but I feel like it would be really creepy in a way. What do you think? If yes, how should I go about it? I can't meet in her in person so I was considering talking to her over facebook, but what should I say?

2. Ianthe

Do you mean that she wanted to go out with you, and doesn't understand why you aren't interested? In that case, I think explaining would be a good idea.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why you stopped being friends.

3. Skhal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No I don't think so, more specifically, we would go to parties and we would be hanging out and she would be with a guy (nothing crazy just talking and stuff) and then after these parties I would be obnoxious like the idiot I am, and tease her by saying those things like, "oh so you got pretty touchy with -insert guy's name here- lol" and I guess she thought of it as me being jealous or something. I wouldn't really say we stopped being friends entirely, we just stopped talking and I wouldn't blame it on that sole event she also just met new people and I became friends with them too but after that event with the party (along with a few other events) they haven't really talked to me. I mean I have spoken to one or two of them recently but that is it.

4. It's not creepy. She was a really good friend of yours. Coming out to her makes sense.

But you might want to actually ask her why you two don't really talk all that much now. If it wasn't about her thinking you have feelings for her, then telling her you're gay won't fix the problem in the first place (if there was one, not saying that there necessarily was).

5. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    She'll probably understand! I'm not entirely sure why its creepy, but i'm sure she'll be fine with it, since she would know why it was "creepy"

Good luck :thumbsup:

6. Skhal

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I appreciate the responses so far,

Thedreamwatch: yea you are right, who knows maybe I am wrong about the wholething right?

Dannyboi66: Thanks, that really comforts me right now.

I just hope we can be friends and talk again, none of my other friends would understand my situation