1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so torn! Help me please!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ErikPinkLovesU, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom picked me up from my guitar class and we were listening to this program on the radio called Micheal Basdin and they talk about a wide variety of things but today they were talking about sexuality. Well they had a girl call in talking about how she came out to her parents two years ealier ect. then my mom asked me if i was attracted to boys! OMG MY BEAT SKIPPED TWO BEATS. Then we had this ackward one way conversation about sex ed class lol and then as we were pullin into the drive way she said that if i did like boys she'll sstill love me the same then i gave her a look and she started laughing and said she was just tryin to give me a hard time. Idk what to do i feel so guilty, i mean i dont know if thats how shell react really or what and if i do worst case senario shell be alittle shock. and i still think my dad and brother will react hard to it and im kind scared of what they would do. I'm still coming to terms with it myself so much that i would be ashamed if everyojne at my church knew and school and the rest of my family cus they might treat me differntly. What should i do?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Sounds to me like your mom already knows and would be absolutely cool with it! Trust her. She loves you. :slight_smile:

3. sayitforreals

This actually happened to me once, and I understand its frustrating. I didnt tell my mother, and she still doesnt know. It sounds like your mom would be cool with it. My advice is if your comfortable with telling your mom, then tell her, but make it clear that you dont want other people to find out just yet. If your not comfortable, then Im sure she can wait.

4. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I'd go with what Becky said.
    And if she accepts you, then just add to her that you'd be extremely grateful if she would just keep it to herself as you're just not ready to come out to so many people. (I'd leave the whole "still trying to figure it out" as that might leave a doubt in her mind)

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Yup, it sounds like she already suspects. I would tell her. :slight_smile:

6. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i cant see that she'd have said shed be fine with it just to catch you out or anything...
    go with it!!

7. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a feeling your mom said those things because she suspects you're gay and wanted you to truly know that she'd be ok with it and still love you. She likely said she was just kidding around to lighten the mood or cover the fact that she suspects; however, she wouldn't have said those things if she didn't believe them. I say go for it! It sounds like she's ready to know. Just make it clear you're not ready for others to know yet.

8. wherewulfe

tell her that your still coming to terms with it and needed time to figure it out but it does sound like she doesnt care =p

9. Tim

Tim

Like the others have said, definately sounds like your mom suspects, and was just telling you that she'll accept it and still love you when you tell her :slight_smile:

10. acorn7

I agree... your mom probably knows you more than you think, and she was offering you a chance there. Don't beat yourself up for not taking it, but now you know she'd be fine with it. And it seems like if you want her to keep it quiet, she will. Best of luck!

11. ErikPinkLovesU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE GUYS! I think my mom suspects just like you said but im not ready to come out of the closet just yet. Thanks for all the love, sopport, and advice and I hope someday ill be sharing my coming out experience with you on the forum.

XOXOXO erik pink