1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel horrible

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by forgetregret8, Mar 6, 2013.

1. forgetregret8

I have been going through the stages of acceptance and denial and this for the passed while and I'm noticing that I'm much less happy than when I didn't really give my secuality much thought. Now I'm depressed and I don't enjoy being with my friends, when I'm alone I want to cry an I have lost all motivation to work for school. I don't feel like I have any goals and I'm so upset. I'm not sure how to fix this, I don't want to feel like this anymore. I have come to the realization that I a lesbian and I thought I would be fine with is and dealing with it would be easy but I'm just so sad. I'm afraid to ask for a therapist because even though my family isn't hurting for money, I don't want to make them do that and I don't really have time for a therapist anyway outside of school. I know that I want to go to college and be a screenwiter and do other things with my life but I've lost all of my motivation.

2. burg

have you joined any gay social groups or got any other hobbies?it kind of sounds like your spending alot of time thinking about your sexuality(ive been there to much ).and tho i think you should think about it .if dealing with it contantly is bringing you down try to balance your time with being with friends or doing a hobbie.if only to give your self a break.

3. Rogue

im a guy, telling you it will all be fine... it won't.
    even if you were a guy: telling you it would be ok, it wouldnt either.

anyone would think (just because i posted they want to just jump in pretend they can help just so they can make themselves think that they done something useful)

Thats not the case.

I was in you're position too a wile back.
    Nothing made me feel better then finding somewhere peaceful like my bedroom and crying.
    when i did that i felt ok because i thought to my self then
    (im just a loser) so forced my self to cry even more

im not saying you go do the same thing. thats old stuff i did to help my self shurup. lol
    but yea

My Stongest and biggest recommendation would be:
    [Spend some time alone for a day or Two.]

That tends to help in some ways it just does for me.
    if that doesn't work for you then try doing something or talking to someone about other problems see to it that u get distracted from that main pain.

4. Formality

I would probably recommend something like this. Even though it might seem depressing to just sit and cry it does help. I think hiding your problem by doing things constantly is just going to make you feel worse, I know it did for me. I have days when i just sit somewhere safe, alone, and listen to music while thinking. It works for me, and i know that afterwards i feel a little bit better and it is often after doing this i feel motivated to do things. Consider it.

5. Naomilly92

You have accepted yourself, but you still need to time to feel comfortable with yourself, it's hard, everyone goes through the stages of trying to feel ok with who they are. My advice would to definitely speak to a counsellor, because that can really help, oh and please, don't give up on your goals, you have ambition, sometimes that alone can get you through these struggles