1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to be out! Need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RicFLA, Mar 7, 2013.

1. RicFLA

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HI everyone,

For the past couple of months i've struggled with accepting that i am gay. Now that i have accepted it, i want to take the next step and tell my parents. I am just so tired of living two lives and making excuses to everything i do or wherever i want to go to. And i'm 100% sure that they know, as well as my brothers, considering that one of them is also gay and is already out. So i decided that i want to tell my mom first, so i wrote her a letter and attempted giving her two times already, but they both failed. And now i'm kinda stuck with the letter that i desperately want to give her. Every time i try to give her the letter it scares me and i just want to end, because i know my life will be much better. So, what should i do to just finally do it??? Thanks!!!

2. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and welcome to EC

How did your parents take it when your brother came out?

I would have thought that if they have accepted your brother you should be in a very good position to come out to them.They will almost certainly have done alot of thinking and possibly some reading up on the subject of gay sons etc since he came out,so they should be more clued up now than when he came out to them.

Have you considered coming out to your brother first,he would be the best one to give advice on coming out to your parents and how accepting they have been since.

As you would like to tell your mom first,and the letter is failing,could you muster up enough courage to approach her face to face one evening and just tell her.When I say "just tell her" I am not trying to make it sound easy,as it isnt.What I mean by that is to tell her your gay or whatever,keeping it simple and to the point in a confident calm way.Basicly when coming out,if you dont make a big deal of it,niether will the person you are telling.

Good luck,hope you stay around

3. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi pauloric

Congratulations :eusa_clap in coming out to yourself and accepting you are gay, that’s a big and important step.

Sale Gay Guy

4. RicFLA

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys.
    My mom is pretty cool about. I feel like she already knows but she's waiting for me to say something about it. I have to brave and do it. I just need that "kick in the butt"...
    My brother already knows, he kinda caught in a gay club once lol. I just rather talk to my mom first.