1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does It Get Better

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by izzyblue1456, Mar 9, 2013.

1. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does it actually get better after you come out or do you all think it stays the same. I really hope it gets better after coming out. A few people know like my mom and a couple friends but I think if I make it known to everyone I will feel better and my mood will change.

2. Ianthe

My experience was that it got better the more out I was. :slight_smile:

3. Kay

Kay Guest

It gets better when you are fully accepting of self and not so afraid of being judged because you are gay. With self acceptance we don't so much care what others think and as long as we hold ourselves bound by the potential of judgement we can't get free to be truly happy as we are. Hugs I hope this helps.

4. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you both for your quick responses. Im struggling more now than I was when I came out to my mom. But I think I will finally come out to everyone some time soon.

5. Kay

Kay Guest

I have always believed a positive attitude cuts through so much. It is freeing and holds us in some bad places. Many times people think it all hinges on coming out I have always thought coming out was less important than how we see ourselves. Good luck love may the future be brighter. hugs

6. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you. hugs to you too

7. SkyDiver

For me, it got so much better. So much better.

Cheers and hugs (*hug*)

8. yeah. I mean, it's not all roses all the time after coming out, but I felt more myself, more at peace internally. And not having to pretend is freeing. And building real relationships with people based on honesty about who I am and where I'm coming from is beautiful.

So yeah, after coming out, it does get better. A lot better.

9. newgirl31

Yes! I used to be "an approval junkie" but since I worked on changing my attitude, being "honest" is "beautiful" just like thedreamwatch said!

Just being me, and "living out" more and more everyday is awesome. I am no longer putting pressure an positive responses from other people to fulfill me.

I am LGBTQA - NewGirl31 approved this message. Haha :eusa_danc

10. Daisy1

Definitely got better! It's so much easier to just be yourself and not have to keep a part of yourself hidden.

11. Kay

Kay Guest

Life is about attitude . If our attitude sucks so do attitudes faced with you. Once you put on a happy face others will do too. The best we can do is love ourselves and others. Hugs and luck angel.

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 02:57 PM ----------

This is so true angel out is the only way to be.

12. TSN2012

The only people that know that I am gay are my dad and my brother. And when I came out to them it felt so goodd. But like you, I haven't 'fully' come out yet, all my friends still think that I'm straight. I don't feel depressed about it anymore though because I have come to the point where I fully accept my sexuality, and my friends knowing or not knowing doesn't really matter to me. Maybe, when I 'fully' come out, I might actually feel even better like everybody else said? hehe who knows? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:P But right now I'm happy, because the people who matter to me most know who I am.

13. Naomilly92

You'll never know if you're not there to see it

14. Incognito10

Yep, for me, a lot of depression and anxiety lifted. It was a very liberating experience.