1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PM92, Mar 9, 2013.

1. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey peeps! :smilewave

So as some of ye know I came out Tuesday last but now I'm wondering if I should change my interested in on Facebook. Well what I mean by that is I HAVE changed it but I restricted it to me only... I have all the important people in my life told now so its just a case of telling everybody else through facebook... I'm thinking that its the most understated way of doing it as I'm not into writing big statuses about things but I've seen from friends that it seems that you could put your work information up and it wouldn't appear on anybodys news feed but the SECOND you change either Interested in or Relationship status it sits on the top of every body's news feed like its pinned there.

I just don't want to seem too... pushy?? I want it to be more of a... a... an in case you didn't know already sort of thing...

Any Ideas or Suggestions?
    Thanks in Advance!! :thumbsup:

2. Ianthe

I think it should be fine if you just change your Interested In. I don't think that's pushy at all. It's just you updating your profile.

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. If you want everyone to know, then changing your "Interested in:" is a great way to do it and is by no means "in your face"!

4. The username

If you have "Interested in men" already set on your profile but only so you can see it, I am pretty sure there won't be an update in your feed. It would if you had it on public/friends/etc and changed it from nothing to "interested in men."

I don't think most people even pay attention to that part of peoples profiles. It's probably one of the least "in your face" way of doing things...

5. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol changed it and people thought I was hacked hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's all good now though... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: