1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The L Word

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by forgetregret8, Mar 10, 2013.

1. forgetregret8

I here from a lot of people that when coming to terms with your sexual orientation you should watch the L word? Is this true?

2. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I watched it. It helped as far as feeling more open and to the idea of lady sex, but I mean that's just me. There is a LOT of action going on so if you're not ready for that then maybe stay away.

Honestly, no single thing is going to magically help you come to term with things. It just takes time and your own way of coming to terms with yourself. Watch a few episodes and if you're interested, watch a few more. If not, turn on Grey's Anatomy or Walking Dead or Big Bang or something and rest assured that it doesn't have to mean anything :slight_smile:

3. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well... It helped me a lot but like "some nights" said, that differs!

When I started watching "The L Word" I wasn't sure I was a lesbian because there were actually no girls around that turned me on as in "I want to make out with you. Like. Really." I just knew I didn't like boys.

Anyway, "The L Word" helped me find "my type" of girl (can't decide between Shane and Alice though :lol:slight_smile: and it also made me realize that I don't have to wear flanel in order to be a "true" lesbian.

But I guess how the show affects your life depends on your personality/the problems you're dealing with concerning your sexual orientation :slight_smile:

You should definitely give it a try :thumbsup:

4. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is true too!! (Carmen<3)

For me it was more of an exposure experiment I guess, so like ^^^ said, it differs for everyone but overall its a nice bit of exposure. Plus, the show is actually pretty good. :slight_smile:

5. Kay

Kay Guest

It had it's place. It showed how possible it is to have a life without fear. It showed lesbians as was said who were almost all lipstick. It fought against the stereotypical image. It was a positive most of the years it was on. Hugs