1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to date but not out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocket, Mar 10, 2013.

1. rocket

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've finally accepted who I am. I still have not yet came out to any one yet. I'm not sure what I'm waiting on, but I just don't feel ready yet. The only thing is I have met a woman I like and would like to one day date. Part of me knows it's not fair to her to date someone who is still in the closet. What should I do ? Any steps on how to start coming out ?

2. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry for all the time it took to get a response
    Well you shouldn't come out until you're ready, though you're not out to those around you doesn't mean that you shouldn't enjoy relationships like everyone else. I suggest, if you happen to do get a date, Letting them know you're not out yet. They should understand how difficult this process can be.
    Coming out is never easy, but is still something you shouldn't do until you're ready. Emotionally and mentally. When you feel ready, start out by telling someone super close to you, someone you're comfortable with and you know to be good with support. I suggest a friend. That's usually less taxing then coming out to a family member.
    When coming out, be sure to remind them that you are still the same you that they know. You just like the same sex. And that's the only thing that's different.

I hope this helped. c:

3. castle walls

I agree. I dated a woman for a little over five years. I was in the closet the whole time and she was out. We did break up but me being in the closet had nothing to do with it