1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my parents I'm confused about my gender…?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DragKing, Mar 11, 2013.

1. DragKing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My parents always say I can talk to them about anything but I don't usually actually do it. They know I'm a lesbian, but as far as gender is concerned, they think I'm definitely a girl. I haven't told them anything, and I want to, but I don't know how. They're completely like pro-trans or whatever, they're absolutely fine with it...

I don't know if I'm transgender, pangender or just fucking weird. How can I talk to them about it?

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well before you talk to them about it you definitely want to be sure of yourself because if you go in and say "I'm confused" it's not very convincing and they may just brush it off as a phase... Instead say that you're "Dealing with gender issues" it sounds like you're more certain that you have a problem that way. You probably want to see a therapist that will try to help you work through your problems and help you figure out what exactly it is that's wrong. There's nothing wrong with dealing with gender problems either, hun so don't worry about being "weird." I hope this helps! (*hug*)

3. DragKing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people