1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hehehey2006, Mar 22, 2008.

1. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys I need help I'm loosing my mind here, I'm fucking up all over the place there's loads of stuff going on in my life now but I feel like I'm in the middle of the ocean and I cant find a way out, I got friends and I just cant seem to trust how much of a friend they are, I'm fucking up even with my best friend I'm being very moody and very pissy and I cant stop myself from acting absolutely retarded, I wish I knew what to do, I end up having panic attack all the time and I just cant find myself to calm down, what can i do?

2. crimsonarcher

OK, first, try to remain calm, that's very important.
    second, try to see what problems are present, and see what you can do to solve them.

3. biisme

First of all, what specifically is going wrong, and what are you "fucking up" ?

As for a panic attack, is this an actual panic attack, or are you just worried? If these are real attacks and they're coming pretty frequently (even once every 2 months or so is really frequent) I woudl recommend going to see a doctor soon. You could have a Panic Disorder. These could also be making you more anxiuos in general.

Some people find that breathing deeply can help to relieve a panic attack. Other things to try are: sleeping, listening to music, closing your eyes, or having someone rub your back. Actually, just having someone with you in general may help.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I would definitely go see a doctor about the Panic Attacks. Having has a Panic Attack before, I know how horrible they are.

(*hug*)

4. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well that's pretty obvious, I just cant do it that's the only problem, I'm usually always well kept I know what I'm doing or saying all the time, is just lately I'm loosing all rational thinking.

5. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just worrying about money and bills and shit and the whole coming out and not really maybe being ready for it fully isnt really helping the cause, I just hate to talk to my parents as well now cause I didnt tell them yet and I feel like everytime I talk to them I'm just lying, even tho I live in a different country and I havent seen my family in about 6 months which ofc isnt helping in this situation either, i am absolutely standing on my own with no base to fall back on or ask for help, and I'm fucking up with my friends I'm never usually pissy or moody now I tend to just bite heads off them for no apparent reason and I'm getting very violent, in some ways I guess I trying to mirror the opposite of what I am as a gay person I possibly am trying to show more masculinity by being more aggressive but I dont wanna i just wanna be the same as what I used to be before.

6. biisme

It sounds as though being in the closet could be what's making you stressed. If so, do you think your friends and/or parents would be supportive? Maybe what you really need is a couple people just to be there for you.

As for your bills, I don't know how to help there except to say, I hope everything works out.

7. hehehey2006

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know my friends would be supportive my friend is also gay and he's the one that helped me understand all the sings that trough the years where there and I never really wanted to pick up on, and they're all ok with him so they would be with me too, but I just still dont want everyone to know yet and at the same time I do want them to know a few of them already do, i really cant figure out what is causing this.

8. biisme

Have you talked to any of your friends about this stuff?

9. darkestknight

If you are too flustered and panic, get a safe quiet spot.

Then when you are there, halt thinking of anything. I mean, really, shake off any thoughts. Take a deep breath and exhale. Grab a piece of paper.

Write down a list of things to do. The top most is the most important, the bottom is the least. Then proceed to do the most important thing first, and then if you are finished already, cross it out.

I did that and it worked. :kiss:

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good advice from the knight above.

If you're overloading on problems and issues, your friends are supposed to help you through them. If you don't plan on having them help, that's fine, but then there's no need to drag them into the mire with you.

So take a break. Focus getting your life back on track. As knight suggested, make a list, prioritize, and then focus on getting things to a reasonable level. Do note that you won't ever solve ALL your problems - you'll always have some stuff to deal with. You're just looking to get things back down to a manageable level.

You might actually tell your friends what's going on. You don't have to go into detail if you don't want, but feel free to tell them "I've just got a ton of stuff on my plate right now. I realize with all this stuff, I'm not really that fun to be around, so I'm gonna take a bit of time to work through it." Your friends should be cool with that, and ideally will offer their support as well.

Good luck!

Lex