1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was outed!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by revi, Mar 14, 2013.

1. revi

revi Guest

I was outed in school today and I feel so horrible I need any advice whatsoever. I was soo not ready for this

2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well what exactly happened. Goodness I can't even imagine

3. revi

revi Guest

One person found out and told the whole entire school. IN ONE DAY before I could stop it....

I feel sick to mo stomache and my emotions are overflowing I just cant deal with this.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2013 at 04:16 PM ----------

I also get this horrible feeling as if it's the wrong choice and ill wake up straight can anyone explain why?!

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    its a natural panic reaction.. give yourself a chance to catch up with things which are just going too fast for you

share your worry with someone you can really trust - friend or family - so you have a rock to support you

it'll be OK .. just needs a bit of time

keep us posted here too please ?

5. revi

revi Guest

Im feeling a bit better and it turns out it only got to half the school ive told some of my friends that had heard the rumor that it was true otherwise im waiting before i either confim with everyone or tell more people

6. jimL

Sounds like your handling it pretty. Just stay calm and be yourself. Be confident. Be proud of who you are.

7. revi

revi Guest

Now the person who outed me wants to talk -_- and her mom is mad at her which atleast that makes me a little happy

8. revi

revi Guest

Guys I need some advice. It's like the secret is out now and I feel as if something is being ripped from me. Why?

9. JustMe2602

That sucks! Just act like you own it! Be confident even if it is hard. Otherwise, they may see you as their new bullying target.

10. Aldrick

Okay, first of all just because someone spreads a gay rumor about you doesn't make it true - even if it is true. The only way people will know for certain is if you confirm it or they catch you with another guy.

So, you have a choice. You can deny it when confronted, or you can own it.

Do your parents know?

11. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm gonna echo what others have said here: One, I'm sorry it happened like this. Two, if you choose to be honest with your peers, remember that it's much harder for bullies to use your sexuality as a weapon against you when you own it. Try not to be ashamed, keep a positive attitude... and talk to the one who outed you. Find out why she did it and explain to her why you're upset.

It's totally understandable to feel like something's been ripped from you. It has. Ultimately, it was your secret to reveal when you were ready. But secrets do have a way of getting out, no matter what our personal feelings are... this incident might have been inevitable. I can't really say without knowing your situation.

As far as "waking up straight" goes... it's different for everyone, and it's okay if you discover that you're heterosexual after all. Try not to torture yourself over it. Other people might be fascinated for a little while, but once they're over the novelty of it, it will be yesterday's news.

I hope things calm down for you and life doesn't get too crazy. We are here for you. (*hug*)

12. BornInTexas

Everyone has pretty much covered everything. Just keep your head up high, and be proud of who you are. The only way they can know for sure is them asking you. So, even if you are confronted, you can deny it as a rumor, even if it is true.

God, I couldn't even IMAGINE being outed by someone else. Your reaction was quite well, though. Did your parents find out?

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're gay/bi/otherwise; so what?

^^Say that to anybody who shows you any sort of direct homophobia. What are they going to say? It's not embarrassing or shameful to have any orientation, and only crappy people see it that way. Their answer will show you just how weak an anti-gay opinion is.

14. Jeff

You were violated, so you feel it. It was not nice at all.

But now you much act like it is not a big deal, and that it dosent really bother you. Because if you can act this way, and hold your head up, then you are likely to be treated like you are the same, and it is not a big deal.

If someone asked you to explain, say you are so very bored with the topic, it ain't worth the effort.

If they flat out ask if it is true, you might say yes, and move on to next topic. Think of some topics to use in advance to change the subject.

I think I would say if asked "yes, me and Elton John, and Ellen" or some crazy thing that moves it away from just you. Or you could say "at least I can now serve in the military" and start laughing.

You must get through this with dignity and self respect. And I think deflecting the fact that this is just about you is one way. Not the only way, but one.

15. revi

revi Guest

Yeah ive already confirmed it to a group that asked on thursday and they reacted well. I think I'm just gonna go with it. No my father didn't find out thank god (my mother is long passed). Anyway i'll just wait and see.

16. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am really impressed by how well you are handling the situation! This is a difficult situation. I wish you all the luck!

17. Alan Lewrie

Indeed, I have no idea how I could have handled this the way you have. Congrats dude, and keep your head high as everyone else has said. :thumbsup:

18. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, I feel your pain, she should not have done that to you.

They do say that “Every cloud has a silver lining” and I suppose that in your case you have, or rather someone else has, condensed all the anguish of multiple coming outs into a small period of time so that it’s all done and dusted and all out of the way and you can get on with your life without having to worry about it.

Since you now sound as though you are coming to terms with this, and are even confirming it to some supportive friends, you could find it works out to your advantage. You may find you now have some new gay/bi friends who wouldn’t have approached you in the past because they didn’t know you were bi.

I should also start planning on what you should tell your dad since it’s possible that a parent of someone at your school may find out and talk to your dad out of concern for you. I am sorry to hear that your mum has passed but I am sure that your father loves you and will only want the best for you. In case you have not seen this in the "Sticky" portion of the coming out advice forum check it out its very helpful.

Coming Out to Your Parents | 4therapy.com

Be proud of who you are, not many 15 year olds could say they were out to so many. Coping with this now at your age will give you an inner strength that you can turn to your advantage later in life in everything you do.

Sale Gay Guy

19. kcansur721

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You must have a lot of inner strength. I know that when I was in high school, while I was constantly bullied and accused of being gay, I was so terrified of someone seeing me look at guys that I would have small panic attacks.

20. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You've gotten a lot of advise on this thread....I can't even imagine if that happened to me and I've LONG been out of school....sending my support!!!(*hug*)