1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admitting the truth...but what is the truth?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bevo, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Bevo

Bevo Guest

Since i was 13 i had a feeling that i may be gay but i repressed it until about a year ago when i stopped denying how i felt. But when it comes to finally admitting and fully realising that i am gay, i just can't say it; for some reason i can't admit it.

I've been trying to find that reason but nothing has appeared...i have no physical attraction to girls whatsoever and i am attracted only to males..i even have a crush at school but when it comes to admitting that i'm gay i just can't do it....i'm tearing myself apart and i need help.

any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

First (*hug*)
    Second, well, don't be too hard on yourself. I think what I can advice is to keep knowing you better. Love you. That's the only way you'll fully accept and be comfortable with who you are.

There is no need of coming out to other people yet! Keep your sexuality as your "little dirty secret" until you're emotionally ready to share it with someone. It'll be HARD. It will. But in the long term it will be very rewarding.

Also, if you come out to someone make sure you trust the person you're telling. Most of the poepe will have a positive reaction (parents are the most difficult ones). Just don't stress yourself.

(*hug*)
    Im soory I can't help that much but everytime you need to talk were here to listen to you! Feel free to PM me if you need someone that bad, Im always around :slight_smile:

3. Paralyzer

I'd have to say, give it time.
    I used to be so uncomfortable with myself that I'd be too scared to say "I'm Gay" under my breath in my house alone.

It definately put a scar on my life.. doesn't mean it was necessarily a bad one.
    Being gay and submissive has changed the way I view life, hopefully for the better.

For advice, I'd say.. find people that make you happy, and hang around them. I say that because before I came to terms with myself, I was never really into the happy scene.. but one day I met this bi guy through friends, and I was forced to hang out with him in a sense.. and after spending the whole day goofing off (something I never did) I realized how happy he made me.. not to mention there was a fireworks show that night and he sat behind me throwing grass in my hair XP

Once I found happiness in people in general, I realized the only way I'm gonna get it is if I accept myself.. so I did.. and I haven't been upset with myself since. I'm actually very happy with myself now.

I'm not saying that you're not happy with yourself or you need friends or anything.. haha.... please don't think that.

It just takes time and experience really..

#3 Paralyzer, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. CrimsonThunder

I used to feel like that as well. It takes two things to say that you're gay and thats confidence and experience. You get experience by practising and then you get confidence by experience. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So find someone easy you can come out to and chat to them about it and after you do that a few times you'll have enough confidence to say you're gay to anyone.

When I was first coming out if someone asked me I wouldn't reply and just change the subject then when I started to admit it (when people ask me) I said I was gay as I found that easier than saying that I was bi. Now days when people ask me or if I tell them I can say it comfortably and with a smile on my face too.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me 2 years to come out to myself. If you ask me, the biggest problem here is that you're thinking about it too much. There are other aspects of life which are much more fun than driving yourself insane about one small part called sexuality. It tore me as well, but I just gave it time and waited until I was ready to say to myself - 'I admit it: I'm gay.'
    Hope this helps. Sorry if it's completely useless.

6. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bevo...good advice above. It's hard to admit something that the majority of society says is wrong. But it takes all sorts to make up this world. You are who your are and one day, you will admit it to yourself. There's no set time scale. It'll just happen. Hang in there, find someone who you can talk to, and day by day, it'll become easier to admit to yourself who you are. Take your time and enjoy the other things that life has given you. Sexuality is but a small part of who you are. Take care.

7. crichton47

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been out to everyone for many years: my parents, my family, my friends, my work mates and (obviously) my partner. It seems everyone accepts the fact I'm gay accept me. I still struggle with it. I regularly see a shrink about it. Not the best comments to make I know, but wanted you to know you're not alone. Good advice everyone.

8. Jim1454

OMG - give yourself a break!!! You realized it when you were 13 and stopped denying it when you were 14, but at 15 you still can't bring yourself to admit it to others?!?!?

I burried my head in the sand until I was 35!!! You're a couple of DECADES ahead of me - which is GREAT. Just give yourself time to come to terms with it. If you're OK keeping it to yourself for now, then do so. It's totally natural to be hesitant about coming out - we're all in the same boat.

Good luck.

9. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey - ldon't be so hard on yourself!! I know it's really hard and horrible, but I think you're doing ok, and you shouldn't feel like you have to rush things. It took me 12 years to come out to myself, and I'm still not quite out to myself completely - the road to self-discovery and then onto self-acceptance is hard, but you're already half-way there. Just take cheer, and know that we're all here behind you. There is no need to rush anything - and I don't think you can rush these things. One day you will be ready, and feel completely happy about yourself - it will happen, you just have to wait. And in the meantime, try not to worry about it too much, even though I know it's hard as I worry about it all the time.

With me, the realisation (which for me was a sort of acceptance) just kind of hit me one day: my inner self had been processing all of this for years whilst I had got on with the rest of life, only to hit me at a time when my unconscious self knew I was ready. What I mean is, don't worry about it too much - you're already way ahead many of us on here!! And we're all behind you too!!