1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alsoaaron, Mar 16, 2013.

1. alsoaaron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, I really want to come out to my best friend but I'm not sure how he will take it. There is a girl at our school who is bi (i told her first and so far thats it, and we met her after she really came out) and until like 5 weeks ago, he didn't know that she was, so we were talking and she came up and it eventually came to the part where i said she was bi and he was just like "oh, really? ok...". it felt like he wasn't very fond of gay people, but i we have also been best friend sense 1st grade. i just really need other opinions right now about this whole situation.

2. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is very difficult because of all the different ways people take it. Some people may seem like that are completely against LGBT people but when someone comes out to them they change and are very accepting about it. This is what happened when I came out to my mom which surprised the hell out of me. My advice is that if you are ready to come out the do it. You will never know how your best friend feels until you tell him and hopefully his reaction will be a positive one. Sorry I couldnt be more help. Best of luck.