1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Feel Like Kicking Myself In The Head

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trumpetplyer23, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Gah! :bang: Ah, that feels better. I've been feeling very weird lately. I was recently thinking about this friend I used to have, we'll call her "H". Well, I had a crush on "H" I told her and she freaked out and we quit being friends, in January. Now, I'm on spring break, and I couldn't be happier to not be in the same room with her. For some unbeknownst reason she's been annoying me and I've felt like kicking her in the head.

I had been thinking about the future one day, planning out what I want to do with my life. I also thought about my ten year high school reunion, I was thinking that in thirteen years, both "H" and I will attend, we'll be standing there, looking at each other, trying to remember why we stopped being friends in our freshman year. In this thought, we couldn't remember why, and felt like we had lost such a good friendship for so many years.

At night, I've been having dreams about her. Not those kinds of dreams! You sick pervert, anyways, everytime I dream about her, she's not talking to me and I'm not talking to her, we're just sitting there. The most recent dream, we were sitting in the back seat of my mom's car, my mom was taking us somewhere, the George Micheal song "Hard Day" was playing and I was singing along. Basically, the song is about loving someone and trying to get them to love you back. But I don't feel this way about her anymore! Its frustrating as all hell!!! GAH! :bang:

Also, I'm thinking about trying to repair our friendship, she's talking to me, but I guess I'm angry at her because I feel like she could just throw our friendship away, but on the other hand at the height of our friendship, she was the best friend that I had ever had. She stuck up for me when this guy almost pushed me down in the hallway for no reason, she turned around and looked at him and yelled "ASSHOLE". I looked over at her and said "that dude's name is Ben". She looked at me and said "I don't care, he's still an asshole." I feel like one of those made-for-tv characters that has montages about her great friendships.

The final thing I'm feeling, is that life is WAAAY to damn short for this shit. Life is about being happy and making friends, not stressing over petty crap like this.

Sorry this thing is so long. Thanks for listening, you guys rock!

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Friendships don't come along like that very often. Do what you can to repair it. It may or may not work out but its worth a try. Good luck!

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I definately agree that you should try and repair your friendship - you never know, she may be thinking the same as you, wondering why on earth she acted the way she did (which may have been shock), but is not sure how to make things better again with you. I would make some friendly gestures towards her - if she is a true friend, she will respond, and you'll be the closer for it, I expect. If she does not, then I'm really sorry that your coming out caused this, but at least now you know where she stands. But good luck - and I really hope things work out between you.