1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parent that's disgusted with gay people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Aubu, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Aubu

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't even know if I want to come out anywhere near my family because they can be ignorant and hateful. Dealing with anxiety disorders I don't know when I'll be able to escape this environment. Don't get me wrong my mother can be very loving, she's nice, but her views on gay people are not so nice.

One day we went to my cousins house, he has a gay son and we have another cousin that's a gay female as well and because of that we got on the topic of gay and bisexual people. My sister was showing pictures of her gay friends and gay men twerk dancing on her phone and she went on to say that gay woman have touched her butt while dancing.

My mother then turned to me and said " If I ever see another woman touch your butt, I'll sock the mess out of her" " If I catch you with another woman, I'll also slap the mess out of you" Then she went on this rant about how this new generation being children of the world they are now doing evil things, and that she loves her cousins, but it's nothing but the devil.

I could love individuals for no matter who they are, but I'm tired of straight men being my only options. I would love to date people in the LGBT community, but me who has no car or friends and have a family that thinks I'm a product of the devil. I don't see how. I yearn for it badly.

Oh the trashing of bisexuals.....it was way worse than the gay bashing, I just gave a taste of what happened.

#1 Aubu, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum, and I'm sorry that your mom said such terrible things. I wish I had a magic bullet thing to say. I really do. But I think for now you'll just have to be realistic about the fact that your immediate family is not safe to come out to.

3. Aubu

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well. Thank You for your support. :slight_smile:

4. lssantoss

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, did you search for psychiatric treatment to over with the anxiety disorders? I have anxiety disorders too and last week I went to a psychiatrist and it's really helping me.

About your mother, she is having a wrong vision about gays. I agree with Pret Allez, is not safe for you to come out now.

5. All Star

All Star Guest

I agree with Pret Allez, it isn't safe for you to come out right now. I think it's safe to say that you don't need to come out to them until you are an adult and have your own place to stay. Hope things get better. :slight_smile:

6. Aubu

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am an adult fresh out of high school. It's why I'm worried about being trapped in this hell hole due to finance/disorders. If I was younger I would just wish to be an adult and move on with my life. I have treatment and a lawyer I've been working with for 4 years. It's a long story that could turn I could make into a book. I guess that really upset me because I have considered coming out before and I do not talk to my issues like this to very many people, it's the first time I've opened up and a very long while and it feels good to not be so alone on things trying to understand my sexuality/gender more. Thanks guys, all comments appreciated.