1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Qwissen, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So i really want to come out like really bad but i am scared.I think my mom is homophobic but my dad,brother and sister are supportive because we were watching T.V and there were some gay scene and my mom was like if one of you is gay i would kick you out and my dad,brother and sister were like its ok to be gay and stuff like that. what should i do?! :confused::help:

2. izzyblue1456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its really difficult to say. If you are uncomfortable with your mom knowing then you should probably come out to someone that is more supportive first like you dad or one of your siblings. You will be able to express what you really feel and let some people know and hopefully they will back you up when you do decide to tell you mom or other people.

3. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks! I think i would come out to one of my close friend. By the way is there like a perfect time to come out?

4. Otsuke

There's no perfect time to come out. As long as you're not rushing anything.

I would come out to my father and siblings since they had a "that's ok" kind of reaction in response to that TV scene. If you talk with them about your fear of coming out to your mom, maybe they could seriously help you finding the best way to tell her. Plus, they might be really supportive and influent on your mom reaction.

Good luck.
    (Sorry if my english is not perfect, i'm French :slight_smile: )

5. BlackSwan

I think you should come out to someone that you know will support you...then you can talk to that person about coming out to you mom and will help...

That kind of happened with my 2 best friends...one was toootally ok the other one..not really and I did that :wink:

I think I'll have to do the same with my familly...the problem is that I don't know how supportives will be my sisters..and my mom (my dad is homophobic..)