1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PleaseHelp, Mar 17, 2013.

1. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to come out to my family. Even before my gender and sexuality were an issue, I was awkward around my family. I'm a loudmourhed extrovert around friends, but when my parents come in I get all tense and can't think. I'm a musician, but I can't play or sing when they're around. Anyone get where I'm coming from?

2. UndercoverGypsy

In terms of the music thing, I totally get where you come from. I can't practice soloing or anything I'm bad at when anyone else is in my house. it's just kind of embarrassing to show people works in progress.

In terms of the rest of your post, I too am quite social in school (though at the moment it all seems kind of fake with the in the closet thing, but that's irrelevant), but the moment I get home, I just kinda want to keep to myself. All I can say is that you have to kind of suck it up, and be social among family as well, even if it feels unnatural, because for some reason people expect everyone to be social. If this is god-awful advice (it just might be), ignore me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: