1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RobbIsFlyyy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. RobbIsFlyyy

Is anything going right for me?!
    Uhm; yeah. There is one thing.
    Everything is going wrong. Thats pretty normal for me.

Track is here, and our shorts are awful. No one agress with me (with the exception of two people), that we should get the light blue coloured uniforms.

Dad is out of his "hateful medicine", so he's yelling, and ranting. He took the power cord off my computer yesterday, and hid it, after I supposedly didn't go and hide Easter Eggs for my little sister. Which I done. She picked up three, and threw the rest around the room, before attacking me with a pinwheel. I done as I was told. Her fault. Not mine.

I got a letter from a college program, that I left during this past summer, wanting to know if I wanted to come back. I don't know what to tell them. I want to, but what if I want to come back home. I can't tell them that, after they let me back in. They're being good to me. When I left the first time, they told me that once I was gone; that was it. But I don't know...

Grades, are due in like 5 days. And I wish they were better. They're A's, and B's, but I want straight A's.

My room needs cleaned, but I can't ever find the time.

I have alot of fun stuff coming up, but it seems like it takes 5 months for each fun thing to get here, and then eventually when it does, it only lasts for what seems like a half hour.

And to top all this off, I'm still single. Thought I found someone, and supposedly she likes me. But she just got out of a relationship that wasn't working, and didn't end the way it shoulda. She got into another one, and she told me the other day, that he was mean. And they fought alot, and I want to tell her to come to me, but I can't do that. I want her to figure it out for herself, and I want her to do whatever will make her happy. To do stuff for her, and not for me.

Ohh, and to beat all of that, Obama supporters are griping and complaning about how "the white people just don't understand", and I'm really not in the mood to hear more of their shit.
    :/

Help?

2. CaptainTrips

aww, i'm sorry. your dad doesn't seem to be in a very good mood at all, but that certainly doesn't excuse being unfair. idk how your sister usually acts, but is she the sibling who usually gets off the hook for everything?

How long is the summer program? If you think you'll have fun there, you should go, even if you think you might piss people off for leaving partway through. don't punish yourself for maybe wanting to go home again--go for it!!!

as for grades, i know how it is to hold really high standards for yourself. try to remember, though, that one quarter's not going to make a whole lot of difference in the end, and in about a week you'll get a fresh start again!! this marking period is kind of sucky for me too =/

dont be afraid to be assertive in a relationship!! if you think being with you would make her happy, make it happen! otherwise, it may eventually be too late. :frowning2: you could do better for her than her last bf, at least.

and the political tension is mounting...try not to worry about it too much; do your part and ignore the people drawing lines all over the map based on race. skin color shouldn't factor into picking the best-suited candidate, but it does, of course, so there you go. not much you can do about it.

i think you need to find out a way to get something fun in every day, not just every few months. even just 10 or 20 minutes relaxing doing something you like can make all the difference in your outlook.

talk to you around!

3. RobbIsFlyyy

Your help and kind words are very helpful, and I appreciate them alot.
    Thanks for all your help.

The summer program is 6 weeks long!
    Taking up all of my summer.
    So, technically I'd be in school from now, until I graduate in 2010.
    :astonished:

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hang in there Robb! I'm curious as to how old your Dad is? Many men go through a difficult time around middle age. Is he temporarily out of his medication or has he deliberately gone off of it?

Right now, I'd focus on things that are going RIGHT. There has to be something! Focus less on the things that aren't going as well. I know some decisions can't be ignored and you'll have to deal with that but it will feel a whole lot less overwhelming if you do try to focus on what you have to and what you want to, rather than on things that you don't want to deal with at the moment. (like your Dad!) (*hug*)

5. Jim1454

Track athletes don't usually have as much fashion sense as gay track athletes. You can't blame them for their poor choice of colour. :eusa_naug

Things aren't that bad, and they'll get better with time. Sounds like you've got options still open to you with respect to school. Take advantage of second chances if you think that's what would work for you...

Good luck.