1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure if I want to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bre16017, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bre16017

I am approaching this rather tentatively, so here goes. Up until a few days ago I've been convinced I was straight, but a conversation about various aspects of gender identity and sexuality with my asexual, biromantic, girlfriend, has led to me believe I am bisexual. She is of course fine with it. Coming to this conclusion about my sexuality has been a wonderful, freeing, feeling...but it has left me a little overwhelmed.

I'm still tentatively approaching this. I would consider myself to still have a preference towards women, am almost certainly heteroromantic, and only find very certain guys attractive.

One day I'd like to experiment with a guy, but the idea of it still freaks me out.

Anyhow, I can't decide whether to share this any further. I am not interested in a relationship with a guy, and I don't feel like sharing it beyond myself and my girlfriend is important.

2. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I don't think you need to come out. Not yet at least. You know, and your girlfriend knows. That's all who really needs to know at the moment because that's all it really concerns. But if coming out to some other friends is something you want to do and feel comfortable with, go ahead.

If it ever turns into anything more though, like you look to seek a relationship with another man, because who knows what the future holds, you may need to start coming out to those around you. But not quite now.

Good luck with everything!

3. bre16017

It's something I need to think about I guess, but it isn't urgent.

You're right, one day that might happen. But I still prefer the company of a female, at an emotional level. Then again, my girlfriend isn't what one would consider feminine.