1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JUST came out to my brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ICTOAUN, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ICTOAUN

he looked shocked. very quiet. i dont know how to act around him tomorrow. advice?

2. wildeflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    give him a bit of time, but not to much. Because you'll see him tomorrow, I think that is enough time. And then go talk to him. Ask him what he thinks and go from there. I really hope he will be supportive.
    good luck x

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I would suggest you just be yourself. It is not a big deal. If he has questions about your sexuality answer them when he asks. The only difference is he knows.

4. justashyguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations. It's a very big step! Continue to be yourself and prove to him that being gay only makes you a better person since you no longer have anything to hide.

He may not understand, so be willing to help. He's your brother, always remember that!

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out to him! I would act as normal as you could around him. He has to get used to the fact that even though you are a lesbian, you are still the same person. He'll come around with some time. It took a while for you to accept this too.

6. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Just give him a little space to think about it. Hopefully he'll come around. At least he didn't explode and bash you or something. It could have been worse. Keep us posted! :slight_smile: best wishes.