1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grades and Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayLibertarian, Mar 19, 2013.

1. GayLibertarian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, hear me out on this. I've been figuring out my homosexuality for three years, and what a three years it's been... But during these three years, I've noticed my grades gradually decline, finally freefalling this year.

After a concerned teacher emailed my mom, she's been on my back. Now usually I would shrug it off, but she is being persistent that there is something bothering me and causing my downfall from honor student to academic scumbag and is just chomping at the bit to hear me tell her some deep dark secret.

Well that secret is that I'm a closeted gay person, and that one word, closeted, is frustrating the hell out of me. I've been trying to tell her, but I haven't gotten the balls to say it yet. Besides, we are going on vacation to Disney next week and I don't want to create animosity before vacation, but I can't stand hiding it anymore.

So do I be honest with her and start jacking up my morale and grades before the end of the school year (and yet possibly f*ck up my vacation), tell her soon after getting home from vacation, or wait it out until I just can't keep it a secret?

Thanks and thank you all so much for your help.

2. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was in the same boat, my grades were in the gutter, and then I came out to some people I could trust, and it was such a huge weight off of my shoulders! My calc grade shot up, and I could put so much more energy towards school. If it were me, I would think school was more important than one vacation, but I dont know about you. If I was in a position to know that telling my mom would bring my grades up and make life a little less stressful in the long run, I would, if I had the courage...