1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fear of coming out, but unusual reason.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kingzap321, Mar 21, 2013.

1. kingzap321

i don't know why but coming out seems to e very scary to me for only one reason, that i don't want things to change. that's it. im not afraid of what people will think, im not afraid that my parents wont accept it (my mom is a lesbian), i simply don't want things to change, i don't want to be looked at differently, or treated differently, or anything. but i know that will happen if i do come out. I also feel kind of stupid because i have such a easy environment to come out in and there wont be issues with my family and sht, but there are some people with way bigger issues than my one fear yet, that one little thing is what stops me from making an important step in my life.

2. UndercoverGypsy

That's a very normal reason - I've seen lots of people on here with that reason. There's no problem with liking your life how it is, but in the end, you're still hiding a pretty big fact about yourself.

3. Wolfie Charm

That’s my reason I think. I’ve told one person a month or so back but without really saying anything. I think we were both feeling each other out and let it go without getting honest answers. My family, or at least the part I speak to, will be okay with me but I still haven’t broached the subject. Honestly, I thought my reason was because I wanted to be one million percent sure of where I’m at. It still is, but now I think I have a better grasp of my silence, if this response makes sense. Thanks, dude. Guess it is a normal question, huh? :slight_smile:

4. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I hope my case is not an unusual or uncommon one but:

Everyone I've come out to, around 10-15 people have been incredibly supportive. Best of all, nothing had changed between myself and each of them. I keep expecting it to be awkward or weird afterwards with someone-but everytime it is like nothing ever happened. I am treated the exact same. But now they know me for me.

Start with people close to you, in your life. I started with my sister and all my close friends. You'll find that these people love you for you, and all you're doing is showing more of yourself to them-so they'll have more to love. You'll be fine, you have amazing people in your life.

5. hobbit161

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was exactly the same when I was coming out as lesbian, but things didn't change for me. It slipped out one night at dinner, and everyone went "Sure, fine" and went on with our lives. Everything will be OK in the end :slight_smile: