1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to myself!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MattF1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MattF1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I finally found out what i truly am... Gay! I just sat in silence for about an hour thinking about it and i finally realized i am gay. I feel so much more relaxed now! I'm not going to come out to anyone else yet, except u guys obviously :icon_wink I just wanna thank u guys for helping me find out my true self! :grin: i'm so happy that i found what i want. I just thought, well if i'm attracted to penis but not anything else, then i am gay. It will take a lot of courage to come out to anyone else though! Last night i asked on all different sites and everyone said yes i am so I've learnt not to think about it too much and just be free :grin:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Matt123, I have recently came out to myself as well & it is such a relief :slight_smile: I am now more at peace with myself, good luck with the 1st person you come out to, my 1st person was a my best friend who just happened to be a girl, I knew I could trust her not to tell anyone else & she was not homophobic in any way :slight_smile:

3. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats Matt! :slight_smile:
    Then you're further than me already, hehe, I am seriously suspecting things (that I'm FtM transgender, and bisexual), but I'm too much of a wimp to actually step up for myself and 'tick the box' so to speak. Guess I need to get used to the thought...
    But terrific you came out to yourself! It's the first step in self acceptance and coming out to your family and friends.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you should be proud, for many, myself included, coming out to yourself is the hardest part.

5. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So true!

6. RedLight

Congrats!
    I'm still waiting for that moment to click in my mind, Coming out to yourself IS the hardest part. THIS IS AN AWESOME STEP! now that you're sure, you'll be able to talk to others with confidence! :grin: Good Luck on the rest of your journey!

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are still traps Matt123.

I was you at age 13. I did not have to think about it, I just was.

My trap was I was a masculine gay, fit no stereotype so there was no connection for me to make with the stereotyped gay community. I kept falling in with closeted, gay masculine guys getting dumped when their closeted status was jeopardized.

Don't fall in with closeted gays for they will cause you pain. If you are masculine gay find openly gay masculine guys.

Avoid the trap of the closet. The path of least resistance is seldom a good one.

8. Lewis

Congratulations :slight_smile:

I really wish I'd have realised my sexuality at the age of 13. Would have saved me from years of suffering. I boxed my sexuality up for years on end and refused to acknowledge it.

I hope things carry on getting better for you and you begin to live your life. Knowing who your are throughout your teenage years must be really liberating.

9. Canis_Lupus

I was the same way as Lewissss, I hid and suppressed who I was for almost fourteen years. It caused me great stress, anger towards who I truly am, and I sunk into a deep depression. I'm very excited and happy that you discovered this early and am not afraid to explore these feelings. You definitely have more guts than I did. Congratulations, and remember that you have caring people here who will walk with you on your journey.

10. All Star

All Star Guest

Congrats Matt! You should feel proud about this big accomplishment, and don't rush coming out! Find the right person(s) and take it from there! :slight_smile:

11. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Matt! I'm so happy that you found yourself! It's the beginning of a new and better life. :grin:

12. Jeff

Matt, glad to hear that you have figured it out. 13 years old is a good time to take stock of your life so far. Very young, but not too young.

You have much to look forward to, and today is a different world than even five years ago, and for the better too.

13. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye. It's sad that in some countries you can seriously be sentenced to DEATH for being gay. That fills me with great sorrow...
    And 13 is a great age! I didn't even think about 'love' and everything which came with it at that age, lol! I didn't see myself as lesbian, bi or straight but just... nothing... it's so weird...
    Later, at the age of 14, I had a boyfriend, and though I liked the physical contact (no sex tho'. 14 would be a bit young for that, I was dead scared of having someone stick his penis in me. It really gave me the shivers. It still does, actually...), the relationship didn't go further than that for me. I have never been really in love (though I told myself I was) I saw him as a friend, he saw me as his girlfriend, and that's also why we eventually 'broke up' (for me there wasn't a real relationship in the first place, but I figure he felt differently)
    Besides that I'm really good at making myself believe my own lies and fall into something called 'denial', be happy you aren't like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it's terrific you came out to yourself so soon!

14. The Dude

Awesome man, so glad you figured things out. I wish I did the same when I was 13. Just think the other day you thought something was wrong with you!

I wish you luck if/when you come out, but do so when you're ready. I hope your friends and family will accept you. Congratulations on figuring things out though, that's a huge step.

15. Lucky Oshawott

Congratulations Matt! Coming out to yourself is such a big part of the process and I'm happy for you that you've been able to do that! Hopefully you'll feel a lot better about yourself now! Good Luck with everything :slight_smile:

16. Naomilly92

That's great. This is the hardest step, but probably the greatest. You stop fighting yourself, and allow yourself to be yourself. It feels natural and right. Congratulations

17. Stripe101

I never actually said that out loud. Yesterday, I spent 10 minutes in my bathroom, staring at the mirror trying to say it. At the end, I barely was able to mutter it. I don't know why. I'm proud of who I am... Why was it so hard?

18. Ticklish Fish

congratulations!

19. Dasher Anne

Congrats! I've recently found who I am too. I like girls, and nothing's going to change that!
    I know it seems that coming out might be hard, but I believe you'll be able to when the time is right. I managed to come out to one person, after all, and I was a little worried by the courage it would take, just like you are now. c:

20. leer

I was around about the same age Mat when I was 100% sure that am gay not Bi .I was in the closest till I was 16 I would say most of the hard work is out the way am proud of you mate :slight_smile: