1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quotes and Questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedLight, Mar 23, 2013.

1. RedLight

"I'm not Gay, I'm not straight, I am a lover." I heard this from a friend (hopefully more in the future:icon_wink), who heard it from her sister who is currently married to a woman. I don't know if this is true for me, but I swear I am just as, if not more, confused as I was when my friends didn't know.

I feel like I'm sending hints to everyone around me and just expecting them to get the hint. I told my brother's girlfriend I was reading Same Sex in the City, I told my father it was a self-help book, and I told my mother I could really relate to it. I don't know if they'll get it, but if they do and they think to ask. What the hell am I going to tell them? :help:

2. BornInTexas

Well, if you are dropping the hints, you could just tell them that you like both boys and girls and come out as bisexual first. That's what I did with my brother, but I eventually just said whatever I'm gay. They must be pretty naive if they aren't getting the hints. xD

3. RedLight

Well my family is what I would call ignorant by choice. The ignorance being directed towards anything having to do with me being gay. (!)

4. Naren

It's a toss up if they'll get the hints.
    I've been dropping hints for running on two years now, one person got it; my friend the habitual stoner.

5. RedLight

Interesting how people's brains work.

6. LD579

Well... Hints should work, but they never did for me when I tried dropping two, or ten, to my friends. I would guess, though, that your parents must have some idea, at least, now that you've dropped that giant hint? Seriously, a hint can't get more obvious than that without becoming a statement, practically.

Are you okay with coming out to your parents? Consider what their reactions may be, as well. If you think they'll be favourable, and you have some friends to lean on if things get rough, you may decide to go for a more direct approach. There's no right way to come out. You could write a letter or leave a message, or just talk to them directly. It's whatever you're comfortable with, and whatever you think'll be the best way to deal with telling them, in terms of tact for the gravity of the situation, if any, so to speak, as well as your own feelings and theirs.

I dunno. Maybe you weren't looking for such a post, and if so, sorry. :eusa_doh: I might extrapolate too much. Oddly enough, I suck at higher level math. Blargh, I'm rambling. (!)

7. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hints only worked with my brother. You said your parents are ignorant about you being gay so you'll probally have to tell them. They probally know but are in denial.

8. RedLight

@Luthan, that's actually exactly what I was looking for, some advice for the girl who can t give any. So thanks, and yeah by the way I do have those friends. However I don't think I'm ready to tell them (my parents) right out yet. That's probably why I thought it easier for them to ask. Because then they I would just be forced to answer instead of waiting until I've moved out. (Although noww thinking about it...that might not be such a terrible idea.)
    Also: I Really suck at higher level math too. And I like your signature.