1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sam, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Sam

Sam

I've talked about coming out to my dad before but I'm wondering how I'm gonna do this I live about 35 minutes away from my parents and I don't have a car right now so the only time I get to see my parents is when they come and get me the next time I'm gonna see them is on the 9th because of my friends baby shower and I probably won't see my dad because he has to work and then the next time after that is during christmas which is always busy and hectic besides I don't think I could actually tell him in person and over the phone its still the same thing its actually getting it out thats the problem I told my mom by letter when I still lived with them and I handed her the letter and left the house I liked the letter idea because I could say things that I just couldn't really express out loud but to send a letter in the mail it just seems like the wrong way to me so do I give him a letter during christmas when its crazy? I mean I would like to give it to him in person. and I would like to start of the new year with him knowing that way its kind of like starting fresh I dont know Im just rambling I do that a lot:bang:

2. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i say do the same thing you did with your mom with your dad write him a letter and tell him to talk to you when hes ready

3. step49x

If a letter has worked for you before, then by all means, feel free to do it again. Would I recommend the holiday season? Right before Christmas might not be the best time, but if you were to do it soon, before the real holiday stress starts to kick in, that might make things easier for both of you.

Then again, there's always that amount of time between Christmas and New Years, when stress levels are falling and no one really does much of anything. That would be another time that you could consider.

Just try to make sure you don't feel rushed. Give yourself plenty of time. Your only deadlines are the ones you set for yourself.

4. Sam

Sam

ok so I wrote the letter now I gotta mail it (he knows nothing about computers) I'm gonna mail it monday and I'll tell everyone how it went when I find out I hope he calls me and tells me its ok he's not the most gay friendly person he thinks we go to hell and stuff like that but he is friendly when talking to someone who is gay so we'll see maybe he'll be different when he discovers his daughter is one of the people he doesn't really like it should get to him on tuesday so yeah I'm really nervous I just gotta talk myself into actually mailing it