1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm ultra confused :O A few things actually. More of a rant.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Alexander

I have this one friend that I met online. We've known each other for over a year, and he has known I'm gay for all but the first month of that. He is/was straight. Until like three days ago when he came out to me. OK, so he's not exactly the straightest person according to modern-day standards (he's a total oscar wilde flip, into opera and art, etc.) but point is, he's one of those people that you just don't trust when they tell you that they're not only gay, but they also don't have a girlfriend (that he talks about all the time), and they're in a relationship with a guy.

I don't know how to type this without seeming completely insensitive or whatever, but he's really not not not not not the kind of person who just becomes gay. At first I thought it was a complete joke (which it still could be), but I was teasing him that he was a gay poser, who just wanted to be gay and etc.., and then he got pissed, told me that until I believed him not to talk to him, and although he hasn't blocked me from AIM, he doesn't reply to anything....

Like, there's no proof. I'm saying all this at the risk of sounding completely like a homophobic parent. Since you can't get the whole story from this, you'll just have to understand that he's been straight for the entire time I've known him. Not one flirt, not one comment that might have gay undertones, and his art is subtlety.... so I guess I'm torn between being completely pissed at some asshole dude I know and understanding a friend's situation and being sympathetic...

Oh, but on the good side, I had my paper up in an opera window, and there was an EC tab open right next to it, and I forgot to close it before my mom came over to read my paper, and she looked right at it. I got really scared, but either she didn't notice it (which I highly doubt), or she didn't care (I would have seen something in her face or attitude after to give away any feelings against it). so maybe yay :grin:

lol this is like 4 pages long :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#1 Alexander, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. Paralyzer

I can't blame you for being distrustful with him.. I know a bunch of people that one day there hardcore for one arguement and then the next they change their mind and when I bring it up they just laugh it off like it wasn't a big deal (kinda vague)

I guess I would just go with it... and then if he converts back to being straight just stop talking to him x_x... people are weird. No offense though