1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

24/03/2013- Just come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fallenone, Mar 24, 2013.

1. fallenone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today 24/03/2013 I have just come out to my parents, I am 33 and always had girlfriends but never really wanted to accept that I might or even could be gay, I was looking at a programme that a famous rugby player did and decided that I couldn't lie to myself or my family anymore, I decided to write out a letter which was done over and over again!!! just explaining everything, I then took my mum upstairs and was uncontrollably crying, I handed the note to her and she started to read, When it got to the part I said ''I'm sorry if I let you down but I cant lie to you anymore, Im Gay'' my mum looked at me and said you're Grey?? what does that mean!! I wanted to open the floor and fall through it haha!!. I said read on to which she looked at me and said very calmly how do you know, I said I've know forever. My mum hugged me for ages and said don't worry everything will be ok and this doesn't change a thing. I felt like I had won the lottery, Then I remembered my dad was down the stairs, My dad is an old fashioned man and I was a bit more worried about what he thought, I asked my mum to go down with the letter. about 10 mins later my mum returned and said he is in a bit of shock but he's ok. I went down and he didn't say anything, I thought he would hit the roof and tell me to get out but he didn't.

I feel a sense of relief but also scared because them thought that I felt where wrong have just come to reality, I am me and I shouldn't fell shame or embarrassed of who I am, I know this is going to be a hard road but I will get through this.

I have 2 brothers who I am not telling yet, Will let you know how that goes :confused:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations, I know how hard that must of been, I am yet to come out to my family, well done you are so brave, good luck with your brothers :thumbsup: (*hug*)

3. Coming out will really make your life a lot more whole. Being in the closet is terribly oppressing. But, it will be a little while probably before you see the grand changes from the great thing that you have started. Good Work!

4. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Yay! I love these types of stories! They make me smile. :slight_smile: Hope your dad loses his shock. Also, good luck with your brothers! :grin:

5. fallenone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks very much. I feel a bit strange In a way like a bit of a sick feeling but like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder's, I always thought I would be that person that would go to his grave rather than tell the truth, I know from first hand how hard it is and for people who are in the closet as Ive just come out of it today, and I know that it's not for everyone to come out but hey If I can do it so can you!, I had a moment when I was watching a programme about coming out with Gareth Thomas and thought do I really want to feel like this anymore. anyways thanks for the replys, Didn't think anyone would read it never mind reply, THANKS!!!

6. leer

grate news fellenone am glad they took it well. am sorry i had to laugh at the grey bit:slight_smile: but well done mate

7. Dalmatian

These stories should always be reported. First, because that euphoria you now feel deserves to be shared and you deserve to celebrate your happiness :slight_smile: Second, because it shows everybody else that their own pre-coming-out fears and doubts are not unique, they are not alone and there is hope. Also, different stories and different results give people a feeling of what they might expect when coming out.

In other words, this is what a community is for (&&&) And because of that, of course we will read and comment and be so happy for you :slight_smile: Congrats! And good luck with brothers :thumbsup:

8. fallenone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks leer. I wanted to laugh my head off too but was shaking. I just thought yeah that's me :slight_smile: never straight forward.

9. Wolfie Charm

Congrats!!! And welcome to EC by the way! :slight_smile:

10. fallenone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Dalmatian :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 24th Mar 2013 at 01:39 PM ----------

Thanks Everyone. I'm so glad I found this place. Its like I've never been able to say what I properly feel and now I can :slight_smile:

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi fallenone :welcome: to EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

12. fallenone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Dublin boy. Thanks mate.