1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I come out to friends/family???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by armadillosushi, Mar 24, 2013.

1. armadillosushi

I seriously have no idea. I've tried to hint at it, make it obvious I support LGBTQ rights, purposely lean against a wall right under a gay rights poster, just so the topic gets brought up. But all for nothing! I'm too much of a pathetic wimp to just say it!

I know I can't tell my dad, cause he practically hates me already and I don't want to make it worse. But I have a huge crush on my friend and I feel the need to tell her because she's the reason I even realized I was attracted to girls.

I've come out online already, but I protect my anonymity. At the same time I wish someone would find out. I purposely clogged the history on the family laptop with 'tips on coming out' and 'how to tell your family you're LGBTQ', then, in a sudden panic, deleted the entire history.

I feel like I'm going crazy! It's like I can't even hold up a real conversation anymore because I'm thinking about just telling them right out.

The one time I said it, this was the conversation.

Us: bla bla bla, whatever.
    Me: ...Yeah, (my crush), I'm lesbian and I have a crush on you! *grins*
    Them: LOL
    Me: Ha, ha, ha?

They thought it was a joke. None if my friends take it seriously. :tears:

2. BlackSwan

Ok.. maybe I'm not the most appropriate person to give advises with that because I recently came out only to 3 friends...but I think that you should star talking to someone you know will be ok and support you...
    The 1° friend I came out to really helped me with that..specially with my other best friend who doesn't really like the idea of being gay/bi

So I would say that you should look for someone that you know will help you with that.. :icon_wink