1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out In Light of SCOTUS DOMA/Prop 8 Hearings?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Meribor, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Meribor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    In light of the SCOTUS hearings on DOMA and Prop 8 this week, I am feeling the temptation to come out now to my friends and family.

I almost certainly won't, but I am no longer merely an LGBTQ rights ally, this now affects me directly. This is going to feel weird and, yeah, wrong to make make my arguments and have to hold back. And the emotional swell is still too strong to make me not fear in-person debates in general.

I guess I'm asking for support and advice for how to handle when the timing of an outside event is too good to pass up, but you're still short of ready.

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would hope LGBT organizers would make rallys community human rights events rather than simply a LGBT issue. Bring in the mainstream rather than appearing different and isolating the issue. Then everyone is comfortable.

3. needshelp

actually thought about doing the same thing but i'll wait til the supreme court makes it decision. can't wait.