1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religous friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Mar 27, 2008.

1. I want to tell my friend Alicen that i m gay, but She is a christian, and her church dosen't exactly like us. I want to tell her because She is a really good friend, and she dosen't follow the bible word for word like my other friends do. But, I dont know what to tell her.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Just share your heart with her. Many Christians do understand and support gay people.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are both good Christians - Dad's Catholic, Mom's Episcopalian - and they're both totally cool with me being gay. Judge her not by her religion, but by her personality. She sounds like she'd be cool with it. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Its not that im judging her by her religeon im just afraid that she might hate me because that's what she was taught all her life.

5. elstix99

elstix99 Guest

I agree. Christians believe in sharing themselves with each other, and neither of you can fully share in each other unless you discuss this with her. Don't forget that just as she needs to be respectful of you, you need to be respectful of her (don't think you need that reminder :wink:) and her beliefs. If you want to be really prepared :wink: then go for a couple of Biblical verses that mean something to you and you can relate to in this situation.

EDIT: What he said v :wink:

#5 elstix99, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  6. Alywishous

Christianity is about love first and foremost. Its not about who is or isnt going down or up. If you and her are really good friends, then there has to be some love there. You should tell her because if she does love you as a friend, she should be able to love you as you, not what you pretend to be.

7. Thanks everyone, I decided I'll tell her. Wish me luck.

8. panda

:thumbsup: Good luck!!

9. justbeingme

so true. The Christians in my school are actually more christlike than I thought. They have alot of compassion, charity, and acceptance. They WERE my worst fear when I planned on tell my friends at school that I was gay.

10. Chaz

My aunt is very christian, I've gotten into a few convorsations with her about her views on it..She..Didnt respond so positive ^^;

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with that. Hope it goes well for you. Religious people are not the easiest to tell this thing to but I hope she can understand and accept you. If she's a true friend to you she will, despite religion. Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

12. I told her. She said Thats she was ok with it then went "I knew it!" I lol'd Then we talked a while and I told her I was scared to tell her at first. She laughed at me and said I was a dork. That is the rundown of it so YAY!!

13. ccole

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The best way would probably be to just tell her. Not everyone in Christianity hates gays. I have a gay friend who's really religious and that right there proves my point =)

14. ccole

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    oops...just noticed you told her...congrats!