1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hkboy93, Mar 25, 2013.

1. hkboy93

I'm planing on coming out my younger brother (14 months younger than me) during Easter weekend and was wondering how to do it? Less crowded place? Parks?
    And I still feel uncomfortable saying "I'm gay" even though I'm 99% sure I am. Will it work if I say things like "Soooo, I'm not straight"... or "I like guys and I find them cute-hot"

2. Dalmatian

When I came out to a few people, I found it easier to say "I like this one guy". It was completely true, it got the message across and I didn't have to put a label on myself (although I am gay, it's just that I found it hard opening with that statement).

You can also start.. implicitly. For example, "I'd like to tell you something about me, it's important and I need you to know". Then follow with "it's about not having girls" or something alike. With this intro he will already get everything. At that moment even a pause could prompt him to ask if you are gay. And if it doesn't, a followup can be "that's because I don't get attracted to them".

3. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Come out in a not so crowded place so you don't have to talk over noise. Have a way out even if you think he's supportive. You never know. Try to direct the conversation towards crushes and say who you like.