1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out in school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mysz, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mysz

I've been thinking of doing a slightly less inconspicuous way of coming out. Normally I just go with the flow, and had planned on mentioning it in passing conversation. However, people typically label me as shy and soft-spoken- so it would be more fun to do something creative and be taken seriously. Recently I told the president of the school's GSA (she promised not to tell :eusa_shhh), and it took even her a class period's worth of convincing. Gah! It feels like femmes never get taken seriously when they come out. :icon_sad:
    Any ideas? Perhaps I won't be brave enough to take some of them, but I'm open to all suggestions (*hug*) 's for you! Thank-you!

2. LD579

While still being noticeable, but not super up-in-your-face, wearing a rainbow bracelet could be something you might want to consider. Of course, you could go all out and wear a shirt that says "I'M GAY", but... People might think it's a giant elephant in the room, especially if you're usually reserved. So I recommend something like an accessory that's noticeable but not overtly blatant.

When or if people ask, you don't have to make a big deal about it, as I'm sure you already knew. I hope things go well for you =)