1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rushing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Mar 27, 2008.

1. It feels as if im Sprinting out of the closet, not stepping. I've told 5 of my friends in three months. Does anyone else thinks I have been taking it to quickly.

2. Richykins

Richykins Guest

Just go with what feels comfortable for you, i told all my friends on the same day and that was fine for me. But whats good for one person isnt neccessarily good for another. if you feel like you could tell more then go ahead :slight_smile: Its like when you bake a cake, you can always add more ingrediants, but you cant take any away, so if your going to tell people, make sure its the right ones first =P

3. HalfInsane

Just so long as you feel comfortable with how many people you've told, you're doing fine. I told four people within two months of having realized for myself I was bi... and then by the end of the month after that one anywhere from 50-200 people ended up knowing (I'm guessing here, obviously). T'is what happens when word of two girls dating gets out in highschool, I guess. XD

4. byeee

Hmm... I'm out to 7 friends and I only started telling anyone about a couple months ago, or possibly a bit more. And it's not rushing, in any case.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your speed in coming out is based solely on your comfort level. If you feel comfortable telling absolutely everybody in one day, go for it. If you need more time, and want to deal with each person individually, that's great, too.

Lex

6. Tim

Tim

Just go how fast you feel comfortable going. I came out all in one day to everyone but my best friends (who I told over the course of 5 years...), but yea, there is no fast or slow when coming out, it's all about how comfortable you are.

7. Jim1454

Totally up to you - everyone is different.