1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out through twitter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BrazenFox, Mar 28, 2013.

1. BrazenFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What do you think of this? I'd be coming out to 100+ followers, mostly in my high school. I've only come out to one person before. I'd like to rip off the band-aid and I think this would be the easiest way to do it. However, I am partially motivated by some disappointment that has recently entered my life and I'm looking the come out partially to reward myself and lift my spirits. Is this a good idea?

Thanks

2. LD579

It'd be brazen, that's for sure. If you're totally fine with everyone knowing, then... it may be okay. It might cause people to think of you as 'the bi guy' for a while, though.

What was the 'disappointment'? Depending on your answer, it may not be best to just come out right after. If you think people will generally react positively, it may lift a burden off of your shoulders, but... There may be some negative responses from people you like and / or know.

3. BrazenFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm already known as the "smart guy" so a change of labels might be fun haha. And the disappointment doesn't have to do with romance or friends or family, but I'd rather not discuss it here. I think most would generally react positively and the ones who react negatively wouldn't matter to me either way.

4. LD579

I can't really say whether you should come out that way, then, without specifically knowing what that disappointment is, but it's all about whatever you're fine with sharing. If you think you'd likely have come out without that disappointment, though, then I'd say go for it, I suppose.

5. BrazenFox

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I mean it's just a couple of college rejections I'm feeling down on. Idk, I feel like I should take advantage of a time when I'd be more open to announcing it.

6. caughtbywitness

Don't do something like that on adrenaline though, think of repercussions, social media can get out of hand. Saying that, so can anything else. Good Luck with whatever you do :slight_smile:

7. LD579

I can say this: what college you're in doesn't make a huge difference. The deciding factor in college is how you yourself act. If you're diligent, that will show, no matter what college you're in. Opportunities exist at all colleges. Less known colleges may even have more room for growth (of the college, I mean), which would mean it'd be easy to pick something to improve upon.

It's up to you. They aren't that related to each other (coming out, and college application rejections), but they both will or have affected your mood.