1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I come out to a gay guy; will be expect something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sully

I'm thinking of coming out to a gay friend. But it do you think he would expect something more.

I used to play it sooooo straight and we had a massive bromance! I wouldn't really want anything to happen, but at the same time, I do feel really sexually attracted to him! Ak wouldn't be adverse to something happening.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. RainbowMan

Sure, it's called having a crush. It helps that he's gay, but keep in mind that the feelings might not be reciprocated, in which case he wouldn't expect anything more.

Even if they are reciprocated, I seriously doubt that he'd be anything near to "OK, let's go have sex!" - he'd be more supportive at first, and if something happened to happen in due time, that would be fine with both of you.

So no, I don't think he's going to expect anything of you.

3. Incognito10

Just tell him you're gay. You don't have to reveal that you're sexually attracted to him, especially if you don't want it to interfere with the friendship.

4. Just say that you're gay. The reaction would be as simple as "you're gay? awesome." or it could be "OMG YOU'RE GAY?!?!!! FINALLY, I GOT A BROTHER AT MY SIDE!!!"

5. Mrcake

Well aren't you lucky? Tell him that you are gay and that you have always had a connection for him. You guys have similarities and you should hang out more. It could even end up as more than a friend thing...go out together and maybe something better will bloom.

6. Sully

Thanks for the feed back,

HAHAHAHAHA, I forgot the major detail in this entire situation!!!!!! Thing is he's come onto me before, just out at parties or something I tried to get close with me, but I've always just given a grunt and moved away! He also asked me once if I'd ever kiss another guy, it was asked a very suggestive way as well!

Can't believe I forgot that minor detail!

The problem is that I don't want a relationship with him, I'm just really attracted to him, but I don't want him to think that I'm telling him because I like him in a romantic way.

#6 Sully, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013