1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to have some fun with coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by That Kid, Mar 29, 2013.

1. That Kid

So basically, I've come out to several people in my family and all but 2 (my brother and my cousin) think they're the only one who knows. I'm planning on keeping this trend up, and want to see how everyone in my family will start acting when something like gay marriage is brought up in conversation. I'll also have my brother and cousin tell me how people start acting when I'm not around. Also, my brother still being at that age where he always says stuff like "that's so gay," I want to see how they react to that. Basically it's a bit of a social experiment.

What do you think?

2. Wolfie Charm

I love it!! You’ve had it a secret, so why not have some fun?I’d do it if I could get away with it but I’d probably burst out laughing during conversations.

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    This is awesome! I wonder how this is going to turn out... Lol! How long are you going to keep this up for?

Good luck!

4. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That'll be intresting. Don't do it for to long or they'll catch on.

5. RedLight

Genius , I love it! Good luck, and let us know how it progresses, I'm very interested.

6. Ticklish Fish

lol. i can't wait for your report of this social experiment

7. That Kid

I'm planning on keeping this up for a couple months lately, I just know someone is gonna say something eventually though, lol.

8. Sully

Hmmm up to you whether or not you do it. If you do, and someone says something really hurtful, like they're completely against gay marriage, you have to deal with that, when you entrap people like that if you get hurt, it's mostly your fault.

Just my 2 cents.

9. You. Are. A. Genius! You MUST let us know what happens!:eusa_clap

10. boysdontcry

This is a genius idea, go for it man! It sounds like it'll be fun for certain. Definitely update on how it turns out!

11. ezkill

Everyone is saying it sounds great. I agree to an extent, but only
    if you're sure no one will be offended. If someone tried performing a social experiment on me and I didn't know about it, I would feel like my trust has been betrayed. Not everyone will feel like that, if anyone at all...
    But I hate the idea of being involved in someone's game. Just make sure you've covered your butt, so to speak. If all seems good, go for it and report to us your results :slight_smile:

12. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds really interesting.

13. returning

:lol:I've actually done this before with my friends, instead of my family! It was quite funny! I told them all eventually, though.:lol::slight_smile:

14. That Kid

Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to you for a while. I've been a bit busy lately:eek: It's all been going pretty well... guess I'll give some updates:

BTW all of this information is coming second-hand from my brother and cousin since I'm away at college right now:

-So my step brother has a pretty big mouth! He only discussed it with a couple people (one of them being my cousin who knows about all of this) so it wasn't too bad.
    -My step-dad doesn't know yet. I wouldn't call him a bigot or anything, but he's got a pretty risque sense of humor:lol: Anyway, whenever he makes an offensive remark, everybody just gives him really dirty looks :roflmao:
    -My aunt is trying to set me up with my cousin's friend who recently came out:eusa_danc
    -My mother who usually knows next to nothing about politics is now really into these recent Supreme Court cases.

I guess that's all I have for now. Let's see how it goes from here